Honda Prelude Online banner

1998 prelude owner needs help finding a good dyno/tuner/shop

946 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  lilredlude 
#1 ·
Im kinda new to this whole posting thing, (actually never posted a thread in my life:( ) so forgive me if i break any rules or do anything stupid.

Ok so here's the deal, i have a 1998 Prelude, everything in it is stock with the exception of the cold air intake and the sway and strut bars. I have experience with doing body work on cars, (body kits, noen lights, interior work, electrical, etc) but dont really have experience with working on the mechanics of the car itsefl other than changing the oil and stuff like that.

I want to learn how to do all of this and i am also looking for a good reputable shop that has a dyno and can tune a car.

Im looking into putting a turbo in my 'lude, but i know from word of mouth that if you do end up putting a turbo in a prelude it needs to be finely tuned or you can blow the engine. another friend of mine who has a 99' 'lude said its because they dont have a lot of lbs. of boost or something like that.

anyways, i live in upstate, NY around the elmira/corning area. im about an hour and a half from rochester and about an hour from binghampton. i also drive to buffalo regularly and its takes me about 2 and a half hours to get there. i also think albany is about 3-3.5 hours from here as well.

I tried to go online and look for a shop, but the place i went to which was closest ended up being in some dudes garage, didnt look legit at all

If anyone knows of a good place where i can take my car to get worked on by a professional, and who might be willing to show me how to get my way around my honda a lil better please let me know. I love my car and i dont want to f*** anything up by tinkering around trying to do something i have no idea how to do.

Thanks all!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.