Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I just bought a 1994 Prelude S Type. It has over 200K miles but runs like a champ.

Has a cat back Exhaust and a K&N C.O. Intake.

I have 17" Rims with Low Profile Tires...

I am totally new to this, this is my first sports car...

I know nothing so I am green...

The cars previous owner took great care in this lil beauty...

I am wanting to make it a bit faster, What is the best way to do so while keeping the cost down...

Any helpful info on owning my first Prelude is always appreciated...

Thank you
Rapturist

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
I would consider a sports car to be rwd, although I'm sure some people would disagree. The Prelude is a 'sport compact'. :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am waiting for the snow to subside so I can wax her up and get some good Pics, I have the original rims w/ snow tires right now...

I wanna make a good first impression ya know...

Yeah I guess it is a sport compact....

But it is sports too me!

Any tips on making faster.... Load Up

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
Search Intake with noobulization filter.

I can't believe I'm the first to suggest this!!!

·
Vroooom
633 Posts
I'd definetly get a h22 or h23 engine in there... but i'm sure thats over your budget. Don't be too worried about making your car faster. I assume you're fairly young, right? Not saying this is a bad thing, but because fast cars usually lead to beating on the engine or ending up wrapped around a telephone pole.

With over 200k, I'd say baby the engine. Get as much life out of it as possible. Save up for the engine swap. For the amount of money you would put into modifications, you could spend the same amount on a h22 if you save up.

Also, welcome to the boards! :) Take a look around, especially the FAQ sections.

·
Registered
6 Posts
as everyone else has said already the s model has the f22 single cam engine, not exactly a performance powerhouse. the h22 is best out of box performance for your car the h23 would be better for boost, both of these are legit if you're in a smog controlled state also.

all that aside you should do suspension work, springs, shocks and stuff like that and just get a feel for the car. later you can drop in an engine with a little more oomph in it.

·
--renovation--
1,061 Posts
Eventually you'll want to get an Electro Luminescent (EL) speedometer cluster that come in the Si/VTEC models...it's so much nicer than the original!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think that I am in agreeance in keeping the engine babied. Even though it runs like a champ I want to keep it that way for a long time.

Thank you for all the hints and tips.. I will definitely get some pics up soon...

This car is gonna be a daily driver for me and I want to make sure that she keeps up the good work! Ha Ha LOL!!!

As I already have the Intake and the cat back exhaust, I think I will focuss on daily upkeep and maintenance for now, Over the weekend I did install a new stereo system

New Pioneer Deck (MP3/CD)
New 600W Amp
12" Kenwood Sub in a non vented Box
2 Front 5 and a 1/4" Speakers

It sounds amazing....

Hopefully the snow goes soon so I can put my rims and tires on...

I am so happy to be a Prelude owner, this car may be old but I have a 2 year old paint job and no major dings or anything, and I get looks from everyone that I pass on the Freeway...

I am looking forward to geting to know a few people on here for networking purposes, I would really like to learn all that I can about this car, Honda For Life...

Thank you again

Matthew B
Rapturist

1 - 14 of 14 Posts