Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Prelude that I've dumped a lot of money into. It currently has some issues (motor and some body) and I just don't really think I want to put any more money into it. I've tried listing it on Craigslist, but everyone on Craigslist wants everything for $5. I don't expect to get all the money I put into it, but I refuse to sell it dirt cheap with everything that's on it. Anyone have experience in parting out a car who might want to comment on their experience? I'm not sure if I want to go through the work of doing that either - but I'm not sure what else to do with it. Other ideas welcome!

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
in 2 years it'll be a classic. gut the emissions stuff and you'll have a fun car to drive around. it takes patience to get those kinks out so pick up another reliable car until you get the prelude running like you want to

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
hey, I've got a 1994 VTEC model with ~237K miles. Original owner. A few years back I couldn't get it to pass smog so the registration just lapsed. It's rarely ever moved out of the garage, let alone started. I finally got the smog issue fixed (needed to change the catalytic converter), battery replaced, oil changed, so that it is running again, the next step is to get it reregistered so it is street legal. On paper, the BlueBook value is nil, it's not worth anything (it's probably worth far more in parts) but it is still a joy to drive. These old Hondas are fun to have but are difficult to keep/maintain considering more and more parts are unavailable but it's nowhere near the "classic" stage where you can find restoration level body shops to work on them (like an old 1965 Mustang).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts