Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92-96 Honda Prelude EDM rear fog light assembly components.

Happened way too many times when someone purchases a rear fog
and finds out that an important piece is missing to complete the project.
This list shows you everything you need to have a genuine 4th gen part.

inner Housing, bulb and connector (same as usdm front fogs connector).

lens, seal and screws that hold the whole assembly together.

lens and every other component is stamped Stanley. This makes it OEM Honda. Stanley definition number is: 049-8344 on the lens and 041-7293 on the inner housing. These are the numbers you are looking for if you want a Prelude rear fog light as oppose to Civic, Accord, Integra etc.

Outer Housing

Bracket. This goes on the inside of the bumper and holds the whole assembly together.

Fog Light assembled

***rear fog used is a UKDM right side of the bumper.
Germany, France, Italy and other countries have the
rear fog side on the left side of the bumper. The rear fog
is always on the drivers side of the bumper.

·
Registered
757 Posts
The rear fog light is the same to what is fitted to the 5th gen Prelude in Europe. I've fitted an additional one (sourced from a 4th gen in a breakers yard) on the other side of my rear bumper. However, from memory, I think the black mounting part which is hidden behind the rear bumper is different, but obviously you cannot tell once fitted.

Click the above photo to see a larger version.

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where we can get them?
You can sometimes find them on ebay. You can also check ebay UK. Become a member of UK Prelude forums, you can meet people who are willing to sell things. In Europe they like to remove their rear fogs because they like the USDM look better. They shave the bumper and integrate the rear fog into the tail light.

I get rear fogs sent over to me from European junk yards. Find a junk yard owner in UK or Germany and make good ties with him. Everything JDM and EDM are usually brought into USA through connections.

Hope this helps.

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a fair amount has to be cut off to make it fit with the us rear beam, also the absorber must be trimmed aswell
Kyle, can you explain more about this? There were a few people asking me how to fit a UK rear fog on the left side of the bumper. Do you have to flip the actual rear fog as well?

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
the right fog doesnt line up to my liking on the left side i have a left hand and a right hand drive light for mine.

and you have to hack up the absorber and the light housing to fit around the crash beam

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Since you have rhd and lhd rear fogs, did you still have to cut around the absorber for the left side?

and my next question is, for example, Prelude in Germany is lhd like US, what does the inside of a German rear bumper look like? why would it be different from the USA?

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
in the us we have the crash beam most other countries dont. the back is just empty no absorber no beam just the bar at the top where all the clips go. and in the front im sure you have seen the front jdm beam how its just a thin bar for the clips to go in.

thats why we have to mod ours to still be dot compliant

1 - 16 of 16 Posts