Honda Prelude Online banner

521 - 528 of 528 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
^ great find!!!! This is CDM only? what makes this rare? care to explain? I have seen many Hood/Bumper bras with Honda or Prelude logos. There are many variations, i'm sure some are rarer that others. What makes this the most rare one?

oh the fender covers? hmm..yeah I must admit I never seen that before. Pretty cool.
There are two optional parts bra for 92-96 prelude.

USDM full mask bra (non logo hood bra with logoed bumper bra)
CDM half nose mask bra (logoed hood bra with fender covers)

Theres no "honda" logo unless you meant honda stamped tag inside.

Yes, Half nose mask bra is the CDM part. Nothing else. What makes this rare is because it COME with fender covers. NOT BUMPER BRA and also the hood bra come with factory "prelude" logo on it. This is more rarer because the part department prefer to sell the full mask bra more than half nose mask bra back in the day. This half nose mask bra you have to order and wait at least two months for honda to make it then ship it to your local dealership for you to pay and pick it up. Why special order is because Honda don't want to make half nose mask as many as full mask bra because all people prefer full mask bra over half nose mask (obliviously full mask bra will cover front end 100% and half nose mask will only cover the hood/fenders thats it.) The part rep. who I bought my half mask bra from said Im very lucky I got half mask bra new because the original buyer ordered it right before it became discontinued and didn't pay/pick it up which is why I got it! It is discontinued years and years ago due to lack of sale. If the original buyer paid and picked it up long time ago, I will have no way to get it new current unless found by private, junkyard or something like that but this half nose mask bra is very very very slim to no chance to find it due to a small number of people bought it back in the day.

·
Registered
96 Posts
gotta be some some Japanese and Euro versions as well. I doubt US and Canada are only ones.
I spoke with the honda rep. who I bought it from. He said it is CDM only.

As far as I know there are two complete half nose mask exist right now.... is me and the dude at canada (Toronto Prelude Club)

Thats the dude's picture. http://grantleung.ca/images/Pics/BB1halfBra.jpg

I also spoke with the dude own it and he said he got it from his dealership at Canada back in the day so obliviously its CDM part.

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #524
I spoke with the honda rep. who I bought it from. He said it is CDM only.

As far as I know there are two complete half nose mask exist right now.... is me and the dude at canada (Toronto Prelude Club)

Thats the dude's picture. http://grantleung.ca/images/Pics/BB1halfBra.jpg

I also spoke with the dude own it and he said he got it from his dealership at Canada back in the day so obliviously its CDM part.
I know.

What I was saying is that Japan and Europe also have nose masks and bumper bras.

Not just Canada and US got them.:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know.

What I was saying is that Japan and Europe also have nose masks and bumper bras.

Not just Canada and US got them.:)
My bad.... Japan does have an optional full mask bra part but Europe/UK... I don't think so because I have few friends over there asked me find/import the full mask bra to them. Half nose mask doesn't exist in Japan/ Europe. Only Canada.

Lets see what parts you plan to post! you know i love rare goodies!

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
My bad.... Japan does have an optional full mask bra part but Europe/UK... I don't think so because I have few friends over there asked me find/import the full mask bra to them. Half nose mask doesn't exist in Japan/ Europe. Only Canada.

Lets see what parts you plan to post! you know i love rare goodies!
That sounds about right. Right on the money :)

I have a few things in mind. Just so much has been covered and so many contributions, photos, research etc. It's very hard not to get repetitive.

But there is new info out there always. There is always something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can open the key. You need to grip the blade in a vice and use a flat blade through the slot in the plastic for attaching to a key fob and gently tap with a hammer. The external cover slides off and you can access the internal board, components and batteries. The rechargeable batteries are hard wired to the board and the weld will need to be broken to access the batteries.
If someone can tell me where I can source replacement batteries, I would be extremely grateful!

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
You can open the key. You need to grip the blade in a vice and use a flat blade through the slot in the plastic for attaching to a key fob and gently tap with a hammer. The external cover slides off and you can access the internal board, components and batteries. The rechargeable batteries are hard wired to the board and the weld will need to be broken to access the batteries.
If someone can tell me where I can source replacement batteries, I would be extremely grateful!
what exactly are you talking about?

521 - 528 of 528 Posts