Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres a story from Australia,

This guy was drivin around town acting all cool, so i started to catch up to him, he gave it some, i kept up. Considering this guy has a 3.0L engine, and he had an exhaust upgrade definitely, i though this was pretty kewl.

Anyway, around a roundabout, he gave it a lot. I didn't wanna get busted by the cops so i backed off and he realised i wasn't going with him so he backed off so i could catch up. I did, at the next roundabout and took him on the outside all the way, after he tried to cut me off. I did a nice sideways drift around the corner and kept it up, all the way up this hill, with him dropping off behind.

I kept going past my turnoff so i could lose him and eventually he did, but the prob is, we live in adjacent colleges at uni so we park in the same carpark..... should i challenge him again so he doesnt come and **** my car up? :(

Won't be doing any street racing again till i get a few mods.....

later,
Steve.

·
Registered
724 Posts
That's bloody awesome, mate! Offer him a beer and a race! Have you seen my old girlfriend Janie around lately? She's from Aussie too... boy I miss her.... them nice Aussie girls are as rare as a needle in a haystack here in the states... :(

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe might have the beer after the race.....;)

Stevo

·
Registered
52 Posts
That sounded like a 14 year old posting there. Drift=FWD, not RWD. And the story sounded so stupid and pointless. Just sayin

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excuse me ludeAEM,

Sorry if I was excited from beating a car that should have beaten me, but that the best win I've had for a while....

And as for the drift, to me, getting half-sideways around a roundabout, then straightening up and blasting off, its pretty kewl to me.

I was just sharing my win in the strett-racing forum, thought that was what this was for!

And I'm 22, not 14.

later,
Stevo.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thats cool, its just the way it was written, it seemed like a uneducated person wrote it. No offense. I like "drifting" too. There is nothing wrong with that, its just that u have to be smart when doing it. EX)...not doing it in the major streets or traffic. Were cool though, NO BEEF DUDE.
:argue: :nono:

:)

Pete

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no worries dude, hey, goto 'general' and reply to what i wrote about your AEM CAI setup.

Cheers,
Steve.
;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey dude,
Well we've got Easter hols comin up, so i'm goin back home for a few weeks, so i plan to do a AEM copy intake, just finding it hard to find info on battery relocation. Going to go with exhaust soon too when i get some more cash.

http://hondaprelude.com/stevo check out rest of future mods...
:D :D

Stevo

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Sounds good man. About the exhaust, i hear that they don't really make much of a hp gain on 3rd gens. How much hp u think u would get out of a cat-back exhaust? Thanks Stevo.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For an exhaust, i was hoping for upwards of 5hp.
I know for a fact that changing the headers gets you at least 10hp.
Would still free it up a little....
did you check my other modes on my homepage? like the supercharger bit?

Stevo
;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
it also can be much batter and with the race..
For an exhaust, i was hoping for upwards of 5hp.
I know for a fact that changing the headers gets you at least 10hp.
clutch

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, heres a story from Australia,

This guy was drivin around town acting all cool, so i started to catch up to him, he gave it some, i kept up. Considering this guy has a 3.0L engine, and he had an exhaust upgrade definitely, i though this was pretty kewl.

Anyway, around a roundabout, he gave it a lot. I didn't wanna get busted by the cops so i backed off and he realised i wasn't going with him so he backed off so i could catch up. I did, at the next roundabout and took him on the outside all the way, after he tried to cut me off. I did a nice sideways drift around the corner and kept it up, all the way up this hill, with him dropping off behind.

I kept going past my turnoff so i could lose him and eventually he did, but the prob is, we live in adjacent colleges at uni so we park in the same carpark..... should i challenge him again so he doesnt come and **** my car up? :(

Won't be doing any street racing again till i get a few mods.....

later,
Steve.
If I were you I'll get the engine fully balanced and blue printed, pot and polish head, replace with high cam, get a nice skunk2 IM, Feel's header 4-2-1, FGK complete exhaust system, RS&R mufflers and toyo semi-sleek e.g. R1R or T1R. Invest in ECM it'll do tons of goodness in the long run.:revrev::revrev::nutty:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts