Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 3rd gen 4ws 5 speed a couple years ago. Here lately i have been really trying to get it running. 2 owners before me wasnt able to get it running either. I got it it to where it will idle very rough for about 15 seconds then it slowly dies. Pressing the gas pedal and opening the butterfly doesnt help keep it running it will die either way.From what i can tell it has new spark plugs new distributor new fuel filter.

I have replaced the fuel pump, ignition coil, ignition control module and main relay, cleaned the injectors. Checked and cleaned up the grounds

Its getting spark at the cylinders and fuel at the fuel rail. Is there anything that can cause the injectors not to spray? Or anyone been through this before?

It takes about a minute or so before im able to start it to idle for 15 seconds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You could check the resistorbox, I think 3 gen's still use those for the injectors. Should be a metallic small box.
Also the ECT I think it is can cause it to read wrong temperature on start and thus not run. One of the two coolant sensors that is.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E5823 met Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts