Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wats ^ pplz!

So I want to put 18s on my 99 prelude type sh. question is can i? Will the wheel base fit and will it not rub? anyone fit 18's on theres? and the tires would be 225/40 ZR the rims are 18"X8.5" would they fit on my ride? fyi my prelude is not lowered. Please give me all the info u can, thank u!

DC

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Why would you want to especially if you're not lowered? However the 8.5" wide wheel isnt going to fly do those wheels in paticular no not without expecting some rubbing.

·
Registered
291 Posts
if youre going to go with 18's youre going to need a tire size of 215/35/18 thats what i have and i dont have any rubbing problems..im not lowered yet either..dont think im going to cause of the roads here in newhampshire..

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I bet you could go with the 18" wheels. The 8.5" may rub though, if you lower the car at all.

Not sure if you keep it stock height though.

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
I'll do the leg work:

Yo Mamma said:
215/35/18 - Larger Contact Patch, Small Profile means Less Protection for Wheels
215/40/18 - Larger Contact Patch, Overall Diameter is Larger
225/35/18 - Even Larger Contact Patch, Recommended tire size for 18x7.5" with at least a +48mm offset
225/40/18 - Even Larger Contact Patch, Overall Diameter is Larger, Not Recommended if car is Lowered

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I honestly don't know the width of my rims, but i have 18's wrapped in 225/40/18 Nitto Neo Gens, and they rub when cornering. Stock suspension btw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts