Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
rotorless rotorite :(
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE MODS DONT MOVE THIS, READ IT FIRST
THE WHEELS AREN'T FOR SALE...YET
i was just wondering, what would these fit besides a 5G Lude? they are 17x7.5 +44-48 offset, 5x114.3? BP. and they're Gunmetal too.

wouldn't they fit the ITR, and Accord (whichever one has 5 lugs). and also these wheels are brand new minus the tires, would $2450 be asking to much for these?

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

[This message has been edited by BlueShadow (edited April 22, 2001).]

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
Is that including shipping? that's really high dude...modacar has the same setup with tires for less than $2400.</font>
IF i was to sell these wheels it would include shipping. but i just wanna see what a fair price would be.

and smoothludey the setup you're referring to is just the WHITE or SILVER 17" TE37 with Tires. and yes that is about the right price but it does not include tax (7.5%)

BUT the wheels i got are GUNMETAL which is considered a custom color and will cost about $50 extra per wheel plus i'm paying freight charges cause the wheels are being shipped all the way from Japan.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and smoothludey i have been to MODACAR in person and have talked to them over the phone plenty of times so i'm pretty sure about their pricing. but i don't know if *they* are sure about their pricing.
i've been calculating how much i've paid total for the wheels. it seems like they're charging me way to much. so i may have to check and see if that my wheels come with tires.

to the best of my knowledge here are www.modacar.com TE37 prices. these are for 17" with no tires.

--$450 white or silver (cheaper cause these are the standard TE37 and are available stateside)

--$500-$590 gunmetal, bronze?, hyperblack etc (costs more cause its a custom color, usually has to be shipped from Japan-->freight costs, high demand, low production, you might get lucky and your vendor might be able to locate a set in the US-->which will prolly cost less)

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

[This message has been edited by BlueShadow (edited April 22, 2001).]

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ywwong:
2450 with tires? or without?</font>
He said without. Tut, tut

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BlueShadow:

BUT the wheels i got are GUNMETAL which is considered a custom color and will cost about $50 extra per wheel plus i'm paying freight charges cause the wheels are being shipped all the way from Japan.

</font>
Thats BS, gunmetal should not cost $50 more a wheel any other place would charge at the most $30 extra for gunmetal.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
These prices are way high man. Seriously if you do alot of looking you can find them for less than $2K for 17s without tires. I even found 18s for less than 2k w/o tires.

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BottleFedLude:
These prices are way high man. Seriously if you do alot of looking you can find them for less than $2K for 17s without tires. I even found 18s for less than 2k w/o tires. </font>
agree!

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well when i asked around for the best place to get the 17" TE37 GM most people were pretty tight lipped. but like i was saying above modacar may not have calculated the totals right. they might have given me the package deal price (wheels+tires).

so are you guys willing to tell me where you manage to get TE37 for cheap? and remember these wheels are BRAND NEW out of the box they're NOT USED just wanted to make sure so that there is no confusion.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
dude, people have been getting the limited edition (polished lip) TE-37s for much less than 2450 on groupbuys. A lot of people sell this rim and 2450 is definitely on the high end. Why would modacar advertise their rims for 1900 (just rims) for white/silver and charge $400 more for gunmetal? If you ask me, you're getting bent over.

Another thing, do you have these wheels in your possession now or are they still on their way to your place? If they're still in the box, why not just return them if you don't want them? It doesn't seem like you have them yet and you are already selling them. Why are you selling them and not putting them on your lude?

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dude, people have been getting the limited edition (polished lip) TE-37s for much less than 2450 on groupbuys. A lot of people sell this rim and 2450 is definitely on the high end.
</font>
don't know about the LE TE37's but maybe the freight charge has to do with the increased price. remember my GM Volks had to be ordered from Japan cause they're in very short supply in the US. (or so they tell me)

Why would modacar advertise their rims for 1900 (just rims) for white/silver and charge $400 more for gunmetal? If you ask me, you're getting bent over.

</font>
as for advertisement, like i said most people would be happy with the Basic Volks ie: Silver and White, which are readily available in the US. (i could have gotten them for 450+tax in about 3 days)
and if you go to www.mackinindustries.com they say that custom wheels cost $50 extra per wheel. (seems like most places charge that)

basic TE37 = $1935 out the door
custom TE37 = $2150+freight = $2590 out the door (what im paying)

BUT i agree with you SMOOTHLUDEY i think i am screwed over on this deal. i'm gonna try calling MODACAR and see if i can ask some questions, and try to get them to lower the price.(im gonna ask a few trick questions)

heres what i'm gonna ask modacar:

--how much is freight from Japan, and is it taxable?
answer:???

--how much more for custom Volks (GM TE37)?
answer: more than likely $400 ($50 ea)

--so total price is $2000 ($500 ea)?

--so $2000+150(tax) = $2150

--well i already ordered my wheels and im paying $2590 total, are you telling me freight is $440?

thats what i'm gonna ask modacar when i call them in a lil bit.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

·
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh and sorry for the confusion guys but the wheels aren't for sale yet

i just wanted to know what a good street price is for new GM 17" TE37.

and SMOOTHLUDEY i was just wondering, maybe the YEN rate (yen = japanese money) has something to do with my high cost.

if the yen rate is bad stuff ordered from Japan will usually cost more. which is prolly my case.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What's the offset exactly of a 5th Gen Lude anyways? Haha stupid question I know but...yea.

------------------
Jeffrey
1998 Honda Prelude
FMAX Turbo Kit

1 - 20 of 31 Posts