Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Anyone know what I could do to fix the problem with my 17s. Sharp turns and bumps on the road cause my frame to touch the wheels... I think my rear shocks are bad but looking for cheaper solutions then changeing them...

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
That's your rim lug pattern, not the offset... Offset is +20, +25, etc...

What rims are they?

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Tires are way too wide for a Prelude, I'd be willing to say that the wheels are probaly 7.5 - 8.0 wide with a bad offset as well.

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
buy new rims.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Any solutions?
Why don't you answer the question of what size wheels and offset you have first? Also find out how much of a drop you have, if any. No one can give you an answer before they know exactly what kind of wheels and tires you have.

·
Registered
33 Posts
His wheels are seventeen inch wheels. States it in the thread title.

More then likely, it's one of two problems:
1.) Wrong off set. Simply stating, the distance between the center of the rim, and the outside edge of the hub is too big and thus allowing your wheels to hit.

2.) Too wide of a wheel.

Those wheels are probably eight inches wide, maybe eight and a half.

205/17/35 would probably be a close guess as to what you should be running tire wise.

Honestly, I wouldn't run anything larger then a 215. Wheels, should be seven inches wide.

·
Registered
818 Posts
It's most likely an offset issue. If it's too low then you can run a wheel spacer.

For those of you that said 235 is too wide, you're wrong. That's what I'm rolling on in my sig.

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
I've run 225/50/15 Hoosier race tires for a number of seasons on 15x7 and 15x8 +40mm wheels. 225/50/15 Hoosiers run very, very wide (10+" section width on 15x8s!), and I don't have problems with rubbing except on the rear bumper tab, and sometimes the inner fender at full suspension compression. I do run much more negative camber than a street car, though. I do know a number of people running 235/40/17 Toyos on Preludes.

I'm now running 225/40/17s on 17x8.5 +40mm wheels, and I haven't had any rubbing issues that haven't been noted above. However, next season I'm going to change to 245/40/17 Hoosiers, and those will require some fender mods.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts