Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you guys/gals think this is a good idea? I want to just have one 15 prob. orion in my 5th gen trunk. tell me what you think. sound good,bad,ok,so so,and the + and - of this other than weight. I will take it out if i can when i go race. thanks

------------------
00 Black Lude
Full Gold Trim Kit,including exhaust tips
Gold tint

·
Registered
977 Posts
The box would take up a lot of room in the trunk. I think it would sound good though.

Why don't you just put two tens instead. It would give close to the same bump, not as deep, and take up a lot less room.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well one of my buds measured my trunk and said that 2 tens in a sealed box wont fit in that one area close to the back seat, and thats where i want to put my subs, and still have room for luggage for travel.

------------------
00 Black Lude
Full Gold Trim Kit,including exhaust tips
Gold tint

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GldCrzy:
well one of my buds measured my trunk and said that 2 tens in a sealed box wont fit in that one area close to the back seat, and thats where i want to put my subs, and still have room for luggage for travel.

</font>
I would think to 10W6's or 2 Solobarics would fit in there with no porblem. in a sealed box a 10W6 only needs .66 cu/ft for a sealed box so I'm pretty sure 2 10W6's needing about 1.3 would require a box about equal to one for a single 15" sub.

I'd much rather have 2 JL 10W6's then a single 15" anything.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Get two 10" phoenix golds with a 200W PG amp. If it's thump you want, thump you'll get. The 15 idea will be too distorted and too bulky. Either way, with a lude, kiss the trunk space goodbye.

------------------
SR20DE...Sorry

·
OG
2,040 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GldCrzy:

</font>
well i know for a fact that they will, cause i have 2 12's in that exact same spot. the box looks like
 _
/_|

where the angled part is right behind the rear seats and the straight part is about in line with where the trunk gets wide in the back. (use your imagination
)

the box is just a little over the minimum requirement for subs that size, so you should have no problems at all with 2 10's. get the box to be as wide as the narrower part of the trunk (near the seats), and extend back as far as you like. have fun with it.

------------------
Raman
AIM: R Viper G
Viper's Lair
99 Pearl White SS
Mods

[This message has been edited by soniclude (edited April 15, 2001).]

·
Registered
164 Posts
One 15 is more for show than anything- "Hey, I got a BIG sub" It's hard to make a compact enclosure for a sub that size, due to the diameter, and the depth of the magnet, let alone the amount of airspace that thing will need. If you're 16, then maybe go for it, but most people serious about car audio will question your choice. A good pair of 10's or 12's is more practical, sounds tighter, and you have more speakers to choose from. -Mike

·
Registered
394 Posts
If you are going for sound quality, I would suggest you get the same subwoofer setup as i do. It's very clean, deep, bass with absolutely no noticable distortion even at 100% volume! The sub doesn't rattle other cars, and you can't hear it coming from 1/2 mile away, but that's not what I was going for.
Box size is very small too. I still have 75% of my trunk left...and trunk space in a Prelude is VERY VERY valuable and limited!!!

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

[email protected]

FOR SALE

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
hey guys i work at Circuit City and i make alot of boxes. i made a box for my 2k prelude that looks like
_
/_\
it is designed for 2 10s and is a seperatly sealed chamber. its about a lil less than 1 cubic feet which is the size a 12 wants so this is more than enough room. if anyone in the bay area is interested email @ [email protected] brand new

------------------

aLwAyS lOoKiNg To Go FaStEr
2000 Crystal Blue Base Prelude
OEM Body kit
AEM CAI
EIBACH PROKIT
Dc Front Upper Strut Tower Bar
Dc Rear Lower Strut Tower Bar
Mobil One Synthetic 5w-30
AUDIO:Alpine 7965 CD deck,Mtx Thunder 304 @ 375 Watts, Mtx Thunder 302 @ 400 Watts Powering A 12 Inch Mtx 8000, and Alpine 12 Disc Cd Changer

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I have a 15" Cerwin Vega Stealth free-air sub in the trunk of my 92 Si. The sound is not too boomy- pretty tight, and you don't hear it down the street, although you could if I wanted to do that.
It needs no enclosure and I cut a port into the center console between the rear seats. The board with the amp is mounted at a 45 deg. angle near the rear of the sub angled down to the magnet, and the disc changer is mounted below the rear deck on the same side. The setup saved a lot of space. For pics, check out hondaprelude.com, 4th gen., Bionic Kris (Page 2) The side small pics on the right show the setup and there is a pic of the port I made too. Check it out.

------------------
92 Prelude Si
Silver Bullet
Too many mods to list...
Check out setup at hondaprelude.com (4th gen., "BionicKris")

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BionicKris:
I have a 15" Cerwin Vega Stealth free-air sub in the trunk of my 92 Si. The sound is not too boomy- pretty tight, and you don't hear it down the street, although you could if I wanted to do that.
It needs no enclosure and I cut a port into the center console between the rear seats. The board with the amp is mounted at a 45 deg. angle near the rear of the sub angled down to the magnet, and the disc changer is mounted below the rear deck on the same side. The setup saved a lot of space. For pics, check out hondaprelude.com, 4th gen., Bionic Kris (Page 2) The side small pics on the right show the setup and there is a pic of the port I made too. Check it out.

</font>

that is a very nice clean setup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts