Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced a GSR powered civic hatchback (92-95) the other night. We raced from a roll and from a stop and both times we were dead even. I was able to pull a little once I got to the top of 3rd gear and into 4th before we shut down. All in all, I was happy with the race. I thought I would have been smoked by such a light car. To top it off, I had a 220 pound passenger with me.

Anybody else have much experience racing these hybrids?

Tony

MODs:
AEM CAI
GReddy Evo
Fidanza Flywheel
ACT clutch
AEM alternator pulley
Disconnected Power steering.

·
Registered
482 Posts
i raced a civic but i think it had a supercharger becuase it made a high whine pitch and it smoked me.. but i think the only thing i had was AEM.. and i think he had two other people in the car.

it was pretty crazy, i dont think that would happen now though

·
Registered
777 Posts
YEAH unfortunately i've been smoked about 3 times by three different b18 hatches, these damn things are a dime a dozen around here.

·
JDM F22 > USDM H23
1,582 Posts
haha i've been killed by one of my friends in a jdm h22 civic. the funny thing is he has the hybrid sign off the new civic on the back of his. but yeah he told me he got a swap and i was dumb and didn't ask what kind and he was like you wanna go. i said sure and that's the end of that story :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
i raced a b18c hatch at the track. he pulled a quick car length on me and held it all the way to the end, thought in the top of 3rd i'd say i gained 6 ft back.

He ran a 14.6 and I ran a 15.2 that race.

·
.:..::Totes Magotes::..:.
2,174 Posts
i ran against a ITR Hatchback and beat him by about 5 feet with my nitrous

·
Registered
854 Posts
ive seen GSR hathces run lower 14s...it depends on the motor, how stripped it is ect..very quick cars..i ass raped a 96 h22 hatch though, lol..at the track no less, his freinds all were talking smack how hes going to crush me, he had the same motor blah, he ran a 14.7 @ 94:D..oh well..there was a guy in a 93 gutted ITR hatch that ran consistent 15.8s all day...driving lessons needed..BADLY:D

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I like that hybrid badge idea, that's pretty bold. When I get my H22 hatch (WHEN....at this rate, never), I want to get a VX or CX sticker for it, and leave the cheesy stock wheels/ w/ wheel covers on it, and have some fun w/ the kiddies on the streets.

J

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
dang slick u went nuts on the street racing forum. i see ur name all the way down;)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I raced a b18c5 hatch. He ran a 13.8 or something. No other mods, just weight reduction and 13" wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts