Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok heres the deal, one of my friends friend is the son of the place where i get my hair cut...anyways, he said he wants to race me and if i win ill get free cuts for a year:bigthumb:

I asked him what he had, celica gts

and he also stated that i didnt need to worry about whats under the hood and its only a 1.8...yea yea:rolleyes:

well turns out i did some investigation....basically i asked his girl what he had, she told me....I/E and this was confirmed by some of my friends......

heres the lineup:

2000 SH w/:

AEM CAI
Mugen Header
Hi-Flow Cat
Greddy EVO exhaust
heavy ass 18's:(

2001 Celica GT-S w/:

Intake
Exhaust

EDIT: this just in...lol......he claims its the TRD version?? is there such thing???

whatcha think????

im thinking drivers race???

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i got C5's and they took me longer than usual to put on....i must be weak...lol

also, he told me its the TRD version???? is there such thing???

i want to get nitrous next but i would want to get a clutch at the same time too, maybe a flywheel

·
\/ look whose got a star!
399 Posts
i think you will beat him, i raced one stock for stock and beat it by a car length....

·
Registered
573 Posts
their pretty fast do you have to give anything up in return for loosing???? if not then stop talking about it and take him on. i haven't taken one on yet but i would in a heart beat, just by simple numbers you should beat him

GTS
1.8L
180 hp
something like VTEC, that kicks in at like 6500, so way into the rpm band

Prelude

2.2L
200hp
VTEC that kicks in at 5200 rpm
weight is about the same

if you get a good launch and i would also reset your ecu before running him, you should win.

GO FOR IT MAN, YOUR TALKING ABOUT FREE HAIRCUTS FOR A YEAR AND NO DOWNSIDES THAT YOU'VE TOLD US ABOUT YET!!!!!

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
geerboy69 said:
just by simple numbers you should beat him

GTS
1.8L
180 hp

Prelude

2.2L
200hp
weight is about the same

...im not gonna comment about ur facts. The celica weighs 2500 lbs. The prelude weighs in nearly at 3000 lbs. That is 500 lb difference. Also, about the way up the power band thing, the Celica also revs higher than the Prelude. Stock for stock, equal drivers, equal conditions, if the Celica is NOT a 2000, it will take the Prelude.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Um also I don't know a prelude that is rated 200 stock, it's 190 am I right? Also the toyota's motors have (like stated above something like vtec) it's called vvti, variable valve timing with intelligence. just thought I'd drop my 2 cents. The gts are no slouches but I would imagine it would be a little in favor of the prelude, but who knows I've never raced one.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i think he knows what hes talking about...after all he does have about 4 times the post as you so i dont think you should be telling him what he already knows and the preludes....i believe 97-99 has 190 and 00-01 has 200...at the crank of course

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
geerboy69 said:
their pretty fast do you have to give anything up in return for loosing???? if not then stop talking about it and take him on. i haven't taken one on yet but i would in a heart beat, just by simple numbers you should beat him

GTS
1.8L
180 hp

Prelude

2.2L
200hp
weight is about the same

if you get a good launch and i would also reset your ecu before running him, you should win.

GO FOR IT MAN, YOUR TALKING ABOUT FREE HAIRCUTS FOR A YEAR AND NO DOWNSIDES THAT YOU'VE TOLD US ABOUT YET!!!!!
the celica is lighter than the lude, i ask an opinion...i have all the confidence in me, my driving ability and car and if i happen to lose then so be it....im not afraid to lose...theres always gonna be someone out there better than you.....no big deal:rolleyes:

now if i can just get a hold of him we can run.....and no theres no downsides....just all out race

on another note....can someone tell me why the hell im getting crazy torque steer when i launch????

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
MugenPoweredLude said:
i think he knows what hes talking about...after all he does have about 4 times the post as you so i dont think you should be telling him what he already knows and the preludes....i believe 97-99 has 190 and 00-01 has 200...at the crank of course
Oh my, I forgot a post count means your level of experience and knowledge I must have forgot, you can keep your cheesy post count and stick it. What a punk.:rolleyes:

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no post counts dont mean your level of experience but he definitely knows what hes talking about, you dont have to tell him what vvti stands for like hes a 3rd grader

and as for your last statement, no comment...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
geerboy69 said:

GTS
1.8L
180 hp

Prelude

2.2L
200hp
weight is about the same

This is what statement I was refering to smart guy, the something like vtec, I wasn't even talking about your buddy's comment, but I guess this guy must be a third grader because he didn't seem to know huh? So make sure you know what you are talking about before you reply with some smart A$$ comment because as probably seen it just pisses people off.

So yeah and as for my previous post the last statement still stands. Punk!

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
slp mode said:

This is what statement I was refering to smart guy, the something like vtec, I wasn't even talking about your buddy's comment, but I guess this guy must be a third grader because he didn't seem to know huh? So make sure you know what you are talking about before you reply with some smart A$$ comment because as probably seen it just pisses people off.

So yeah and as for my previous post the last statement still stands. Punk!

well in my other post i was gonna say that i wasnt gonna stoop down to a low lifes level(that would be you)but if you insist:malken: :malken: :malken: :malken: :malken:

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i realized i made a mistake but you didnt have to be all mean about it so my response still stands if you want to be like that

·
Registered
573 Posts
ZMonkey11 said:

...im not gonna comment about ur facts. The celica weighs 2500 lbs. The prelude weighs in nearly at 3000 lbs. That is 500 lb difference. Also, about the way up the power band thing, the Celica also revs higher than the Prelude. Stock for stock, equal drivers, equal conditions, if the Celica is NOT a 2000, it will take the Prelude.
my bad if i don't go and research the cars for six hours on my computer, then analyse the weight, then look at the power band compared to the weight, and then knock on a guy who was just trying to give some encouragement to a fellow luder, i was making a generalization a$$, i do know that it IS NOT a certainty that either car will win and if you think that then thats just ignorance man. by pure numbers its a drivers race.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
We are all here hopefully to help each other, theres no way to know who knows what, and how much. The only way I see it is to not get offended if someone offers info on something they already know or don't know. So I say lets just chalk it up to a misunderstanding,
I call PEACE.

matt

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
me 2......i f*ked up...i didnt realize you were talking to the wrong person, my fault

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Cool, Peace then. Good luck with your race.

·
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thank you

1 - 20 of 52 Posts