Honda Prelude Forum Honda Prelude Forum Header Right
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Honda Prelude Discussion > Fifth Gen Prelude Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

PreludeOnline.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power Lock issues....HELP Please

okay I'll start from the beginning...about 5 months ago I used to drive a 01' SS Auto Prelude...I got a deal at near by junkyard for a complete transmission swap for 1,200 so of course I took the deal...they took about three days...but when I got my car back....my power locks weren't working and my dome light wouldn't light up when I'd open my door unless I manually turned it on..and you know how when your unlocking your door if you hold the key to the right for a couple of secs. it opens the passengers door..NOT ANY MORE...so i went back and told them...they worked on it for a while..I even left my car there over night...the next day they told me...they couldn't fix it that they tried everything...(I guess you get what you paid for)..so I didn't really care at that time because my car was pretty much stock...but lately I've been put a lot of money into it...and I really want an alarm system but...every where I go...they tell me i have to fix that problem first....I've checked the fuses there all good...so I was just wonder if anyone knew something that i didn't...any ideas?
DarkLatinox87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Supporting Member
Unregistered

The light not coming on is probably the switch in the door jamb. The contact on it tends to get dirty. Just take it off and clean it with a wire brush.

The power locks work fine with the switch right? Its just that the passenger side won't open when you use the key on the driver's side?

458 RWHP / 422 ft/lbs RWTQ
G_Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Supporting Member
PreludeOnline Premium Member

why are you using the key to open the door?
all the 01 ludes came with keyless entry. push unlock once to open driver door and then a second time to unlock the passanger door.
your the only luder I have heard of with an 01 lude using the key
jimnissan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2010, 05:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Supporting Member
PreludeOnline Premium Member

oh my this is old just looked at the date
jimnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Prelude Forum > Honda Prelude Discussion > Fifth Gen Prelude Discussion