Honda Prelude Forum - View Single Post - 215/55/16 on 5g (lowered on Tein S Tech)?
Honda Prelude Forum Honda Prelude Forum Header Right
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

PreludeOnline.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hammbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfinatic View Post
Why would you go with a higher side wall on a lowered car? Winter tire? Stock is 50 anything over that is over board in my opinion. If your worried about rim protection make sure you get the right tire as they all use different specs and some are stiffer than others. My old optimos were crap for side wall, felt like the tire was rolling under the rim in corners or extended curves. These Yokohamas I got last week are way better.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free
I just posted on dallgire's "She is here" post about these tires.
As I said in that post, the kid that had the car before me had two different sizes on it... as you said in the original post here, the 60's look ridiculous. Way too big. They rubbed on everything and felt really sloppy.

I went out looking for some good used tires (on a budget), and could not find ANY in the stock size of 205/50/16. Most shops were inundated with the 215/55/16's... I found a full set of winter tires with 75% tread and they fit great on the stock rims on my car.
Good ride on the road, not rubbing when encountering bumps, but when steering sharply they DO rub a little in the wheel well against the engine compartment.

Mine has the adjustable coil overs in front, and I believe it has a 1.5 or 2 inch drop in the rear. Got it that way, so I am not completely sure as to the drop in the rear. I can take a pic tomorrow if I get the exhaust back on before it gets dark.

1998 Honda Prelude SH-parts car
1998 Honda Prelude SH-Sold
1997 Honda Prelude Base project--Sold
1991 Honda Prelude Si--Sold
1989 Honda Prelude SI AWS--Sold

-Over 20 years of Honda Ownership and Experience with Prelude, Accord, and Civic-
"Old Man"
Hammbone is offline   Reply With Quote