Honda Prelude Online banner

h22a1 all motor build

35K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  jspinn13 
#1 ·
hey all i was wondering what the best all motor build would be, i was thinking of doing a full JUN build (their all motor prelude made 250whp with nothing but aggressive intake cam, exhaust, and intake). so if i did a FULL (head and block) build it would make maybe about 3-350?

what are pther good build ideas and how much is the max power you can make from an all motor build?

#28 ·
dude, after reading this, you should stop modding the car and research a lot more before you even consider this.
The guy up there saying drop 3400 on a stroker kit is nowhere near the total cost of that build. You still need to resleeve the block. Just run the h23 crank and go 89mm.
That will get you 2.4L.
Those frm compatible pistons don't have anything higher then 11.5:1 I believe unless they make them custom to order.
I'll be shocked if you reach 250whp.

#29 ·
no i havent modded anything yet, i have really bad compression in the engine and i was just going to rebuild to stock... but why do just that? i may as well build it for boost or build it all motor. i was leaning for boost and then i thought it would be fun to just beat all these little civics running turbos and that (thinking they are fast) and be like yeah im just all motor dude, so i wanted to do all motor. either way i need to do something to my engine in the form of rebuilding it soon cause i dont think its going to hold much longer the way it is

#30 ·
JUN is way over priced. Im building an All motor h22 for my 95 w/this years income tax. Fully built block (mahle 11.5.1 pistons w/eagle rods, bearings etc) and a fully built head w/Skunk2 internals/port n polish ported euro IM and my total build should run me about 5300. W/a good tune 250 is easily doable on pump gas. If its a DD u dont want to go over 12.1 n even thats pushin it. Do more research n dnt go spenidin so much money bc its jun. Research shows skunk2 to be an almost identical profile for their cams. Euro R IM has been proven time and again that its the best for h22 (minus sk2 for boost). Im also gonna be sprayin a 75-100 shot on top. but ur numbers are insane man. 14:1 is ****inc crazy. Sit down infront of ur computer and dnt talk to anyone and just research. Ive got hrs n hrs nhrs of research into my build and i havent started yet. 250 is doable but difficult. Not cheap. But ya gotta pay to play

#32 ·
Honestly, it'll cost way too much to make the H22 pump out anything over 250 whp. If you planned to track your car, more power to you. But it seems like u just want a little extra power for the street. If you want a fast car to beat those little turbo civic, get some suspension mods and take them to the canyons and you'll see why you picked the prelude over the civic. Also take into consideration that a lot of those high powered h22 runs itbs.

#33 ·
yeah i think what im going to do is rebuild it (blew a piston) make it a lower compression and sleeve is and boost it, i have a friend with an accord and hes pushing 600 hp with his new turbo manifold, i dont want that much but i do want to make about 300. and it seems like that is the easiest way to get there.

#39 · (Edited)
yeah after getting an update from this i feel obligated to update people. this was when i first got my prelude. was running on 2 1/2 cylinders and was looking for ideas rather than research.

as of now i bought and rebuilt a jdm h22a to bone stock, and decided to go boost.
build:
bone stock h22 head/ stock intake mani, stock fuel system(rail regulator lines filter), bone stock obd1 block
255lph walbro fuel pump
1200cc fic injectors
BRMS twisted ramhorn turbo manifold
TIAL MVR 44mm wastegate with 46mm open dump tube
GARRETT gt3582r turbo with 3" open downpipe
2.5" aluminum intercooler piping
treadstone 28x3.5x7.5 intercooler
TIAL "Q" 50mm bov

driveline:
u2q7 accord type r tranny with clutchmasters FX500 stage 5 unsprung 6 puck clutch and 9lb flywheel

tuned with e85 ethanol @12psi on neptune made 407whp and 325wtq @7800 rpm -with room to go higher- with only air fuel and no timing adjustments and(safer because its still daily driven =D )

everything was done by hand by me and a friend or two where an extra hand was necessary. hope this shows im not a complete dumbass loll

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.