» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Other Discussion > Members' Rides
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

PreludeOnline.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2016, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Second Best Prelude in the World?

Hello fellow 'luders. I've been lurking here for a while on and off. As you all know, prepreludesh already has the Best Prelude in the World, so I decided to be second best... I'm working on a new build which I will chronicle here. But first, I need to give you a little background info.

I used to own a black '01 SH that I bought new when I was 25 it was one of the most fun cars I have ever owned. It had aftermarket leather heated seats, USDM fogs (wish I still had the internal wiring harness for those!), it was a sweet ride... However, as I got a little older I started making money and decided to "step up" in the automotive world. I ended up trading it in '07 for a BMW 328i and have been kicking myself in the butt ever since. While I liked my bimmers ('07 was a 2-year lease then I bought an '09) I always wondered what could have been with my 'lude.

I had always wanted to put a supercharger on it, but back then I was short on cash and never had the time to work on it that much. I did have it lowered and had some nice wheels, intake, cat-back exhaust, underdrive pulleys... Upgraded clutch and flywheel when I spun off the road in the winter time because the thing was like a sled and bottomed out in the median on the highway (had to have transmission rebuilt). But I never realized my dream of a JRSC Prelude. I wish I still had some pictures of my old one, I would totally post them here.

This year, I decided to change that. You see, in 2012 I traded my '09 BMW 328i in for a 2011 Ford F250 XLT. I had quit my IT job and started my own business and needed a truck to haul a trailer for trade shows. So that has been my daily driver for the last 4+ years. Here it is shortly after I got it and I went to Indiana to pick up a trailer...

Always having the itch to "upgrade" my vehicles, getting sick of filling it with DEF all the time and not realizing the full potential of its power, I decided it was time to modify my truck. In January, I did a EGR/DPF delete, intake, installed downpipe-back 4" straight pipe exhaust and put a tuner on it.

Here's the ridiculous torpedo of an exhaust that used to be under that thing bogging down my performance!

After the upgrades, the thing is probably like 800 hp it's ridiculous. But it wasn't enough. Anyway, I promise no more Ford pics, let's talk about my new build...

So I started getting the 'lude itch again and began looking on autotrader, cargurus and craigslist to find myself a Prelude SH. I found this gem... A crystal blue metallic (not my favorite color but it's growing on me) '99 SH. It was meticulously maintained, no rust, I bought it from the second owner who had put about 10k miles and a few tasteful mods on it (intake, Thermal R&D catback, Tein coilovers). It's got a few dings and what-not, but the engine runs great and there is no rust! It did have about 150k miles though...

It had a couple dumb stickers on it, the JDM fog lights weren't hooked up, it had mudflaps (always hated that look) and a bit of an oil leak, but other than that, pretty good shape for a 17 year old car! I immediately went to work removing stickers and mudflaps... I bought a new JDM style foglight kit, clear side markers (with yellow bulbs!), new sills for the windows (they were starting to crack/peel) and I also got a USDM foglight switch and bezel. I had to modify the wiring harness to get it to work with the USDM switch, and the switch doesn't actually work (fogs are just on all the time when the lights are on) and the LED on the switch doesn't light up, but if I ever find a USDM internal harness or an actual JDM one that I can modify, I will remedy that!

Got the windows tinted @ 20%

The previous owner had put stickers on the side view mirrors, and when I removed them, some of the paint came off with them... :-( I am eventually going to do some paintless dent repair/body work and paint, but in the meantime, I repainted the mirrors with the rattlecan and some clearcoat. Please excuse my messy office/back room at the shop...

They don't look perfect, the paint bubbled a little bit, but they look good from far away! Also got some new tires put on (I'll upgrade to some nicer wheels next year, needed winter tires anyway).

...to be continued

Last edited by khufford; 09-07-2016 at 08:44 PM.
khufford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2016, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

I almost forgot, the cowl cover under the hood was cracked and warped and was turning white, so I went to the local junkyard and found one on an ugly green automatic they had there... Took it home and spray painted the crap out of it...

Looks 100x better than it did...

And another thing. The guy who owned it before me had an s2000 steering wheel on it, and he removed that and put the stock one back on. However, something was wrong with the clock spring and the horn/SRS/cruise control didn't work. I replaced the clock spring and got that all going...

Yay, no more SRS light after that! Here's a shot of the old clock spring, nice hack job! Not sure why it didn't work...

Anyway, I got this thing about where I need it for now until I can put some real money into dent repair and paint, so I decided to start working on the engine. As I said before, it does have a bit of an oil leak, so I got underneath it and determined it's either the oil pan gasket or the main seal. I was going to do the oil pan gasket myself, but the main seal (dropping the tranny and all that, without a lift) would be a PITA, so I decided to leave it up to the professionals. I went ahead and bought a clutch and 12.9lb flywheel as well (not one of the super lightweight fidanza ones) and began my search for someone to install them for me...

To take the oil pan off, the header needs to be removed. So rather than just buy new gaskets for that, I decided I may as well get a header too. As you probably know, there aren't many options out there for the SH without doing some crazy custom fab type stuff, so I got what I could get...DC. Yeah, it's stock diameter, etc, but at least it's mandrel bent and will probably flow a little better than the stock one. Knowing that I eventually wanted to install a supercharger, I figured I had better wrap it up.

Still having not found someone to do the main seal for me, and realizing that I will probably need to rebuild my 150k+ mile engine to be able to handle forced induction if I found a supercharger, I started down the path of buying parts. That's one thing I am good at, spending money...

To date, I have purchased the following:

DC header w/ DEI wrap
ACT clutch and 12.9lb flywheel
All OEM seals and gaskets for the engine
All gaskets for JRSC (including Hondata intake manifold gasket)
Oil filter relocation kit
OEM Water pump
OEM Oil pump
OEM belts (timing, balance shaft, etc)
Accord crank pully (for 9psi boost someday!)
ARP head studs
AEM fuel rail
AEM fuel regulator
Walbro 255HP fuel pump
RC 550cc injectors w/ clips
Inlinefour.com stainless steel clutch line
NGK blue plug wires
OEM distributor cap and rotor
NGK plugs (one step colder than stock)
AEM f/ic6 engine management (to keep the ATTS!)
Boomslang ridiculously priced harness of doom
Innovative 75A engine mounts
OEM style bumper lips and side skirts
Magnaflow cat
Mishimoto radiator and fan shroud

I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting... Still figuring out what I want to get as far as pistons/rods, etc...

Next post... I found a supercharger!

Last edited by khufford; 09-08-2016 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

So I have been scouring the interwebz for the last few months trying to find a JRSC to put on the 'lude. I missed a complete kit on eBay about a month ago. I was about to hit the buy now button but decided to contact the guy first (stupid me) and he said he already sold it. Wonder how that would have went down if I just hit buy now... Anyway the main pulley bracket was busted and would have to have something fab'd so it's probably better I didn't get it anyway.

I started searching eBay, craigslist, and Google for a kit. Nowhere to be found. Then I got a bright idea! I know there have been some kits for sale recently that weren't complete, how could I make sure I get a complete kit? Buy a car that already has one on it...

So I kept looking, in a vain attempt to find a supercharged prelude (like someone would be selling one of those, right?) I found this sweet search engine for craigslist that will allow you to search ALL of craigslist... All of Craigslist

I put "honda prelude jackson" in the search bar, and what do you know... Two (2) JRSC Preludes pop up. Score!

They both looked a little rough, but I didn't care. I just wanted the supercharger. As a matter of fact, Moss Motors was auctioning off the last new M62 gen3 blower it had left, so really all I needed was the s-tube and all the brackets and crap... I pulled the trigger on the eBay auction for the blower and started contacting the guys selling the cars.

Both cars were in Florida, one near Tampa and the other in Pensacola. The one in Tampa was grey and in a little better shape by the looks of it (except for the totally ridiculous body kit it had on it) so I started working on him the most. I figured maybe I could swap the mirrors, maybe even a door skin (my drivers side door is a little messed up) until I am able to get it fixed. Talked to the guy for like 4 days, told him I was mostly interested in the JRSC. He had it listed for $4500 and I talked him down to $3k! I was ready to buy a plane ticket and fly down there.

Yeah, $3k sounded a little too good to be true... He totally played me, after 4 days of leading me on, stopped responding to my messages and wouldn't answer the phone. I was so pissed. Plan B... I started texting the guy with a red '97 in Pensacola. He wanted $6k, and the car was a little rough... I ended up talking him down to $5000 and we had a deal. I booked a flight and headed to Florida.

Went to bed early Friday night, flight left at 7:40am the next morning. It wasn't until I was on the plane that I realized he had texted me after I went to bed the night before. Something was wrong with the fuel pump and it wouldn't start. He had left it sitting for a few months and had just started it up the day before I left. Was driving it to the location where we were going to meet (his business) and it died a block away. Great. He said he would try to get it working before I got there at 11.

After taking my connecting flight in Charlotte and landing in Pensacola, I texted him to see how it was going... He said they were still working on it but gave me the address where they were and said I could come hang out. I am a pretty big college football fan, and I was hungry, so I took a cab to a sports bar near there to grab a bite to eat and watch the games for a bit.

A couple hours and 4 beers later, I hadn't heard anything, so I decided to pop in and see what's going on. Grabbed an Uber from the sports bar and went over there. It still wasn't working. I tried jumping in and helping. The fuel pump had power, they thought it was the relay so they got a relay from a local parts place. That didn't fix it. Checked the fuel filter to make sure it wasn't clogged, etc, everything looked good. They didn't have a CEL reader so no idea what the check engine light code was... They were sure it was a fuel issue and kept messing with the fuel pump.

Couple hours later, I was really starting to get pissed. I talked him into selling me the supercharger for $2500 and I would just drive back in a rental. We were just about to tear into it and take everything off, and his buddy stopped in. He looked at the relay (it was the main/fuel relay) and noticed it was aftermarket and figured that might be the issue. Popped the stock relay back on and it fired right up. I was so mad...LOL

We took it for a spin and it ran like a dog. The tune on it was so bad. Loud as hell (test pipe) steering wheel was cocked to one side, radio didn't work, turning AC on killed the engine, but I didn't care. I wanted the supercharger. I convinced him to let me have it for $4500, figured I could fix it up a bit and sell it for at least $3k after stripping off the parts I needed... By this time it was about 8pm, and I started driving towards Ohio.

Here's some pics of the car by the way...

It was the most ghetto car I ever drove in my life. Loud as hell, rode rough, shifted hard, gas pedal had a bunch of play before it would actually accelerate... I was worried it wouldn't make the trip. He assured me that it was good to go so I left. Driving towards I-65 in Alabama, it started raining. I turned on the wipers and could barely see because they were so bad. windshield started fogging up and defrost didn't work (awesome) so I drove through pouring rain with the windows down. At least the rain stopped after a while and I made it onto I-65 without losing my life.

Then it died. I pulled over, turned it over and it started right up. Sigh of relief... Drove another half hour and it died again. Man. Tried to start it, no dice. Let it sit a couple minutes then it started up again... Drove another half hour or so, died again. This time I had to let it sit for like 10 minutes. I kept trying it every couple of minutes and nothing. I said a little prayer and turned the key again and it started. Drove to the next exit and stopped at the gas station. Needed gas anyway, checked the oil, was a quart low, topped it off. Everything seemed OK (relatively speaking).

Got back on the highway and it wouldn't go over 3k RPM, it started sputtering... So in 5th gear that put me at about 60mph... It got progressively worse and eventually died again. It never started back up.

Murphy's law...

Guess I was staying in Alabama for the night... Got a tow and a motel room, no plan for what to do on Sunday, on a holiday weekend... I contemplated flying back to Ohio, getting my truck and borrowing a flatbed and driving it back. I sure as hell couldn't get it towed 500+ miles that would cost a fortune...

Woke up the next morning and had a bright idea... UHaul. I called around and found a truck and a tow dolly, got an Uber to go pick them up, the manager from the motel tried to help me push the car on the dolly, wasn't happening. I recruited 2 more dudes from the gas station nextdoor, still couldn't get it on there. Luckily one of them had a superduty pickup, and he pushed it on there for me with his truck.

On the road again! 8 hours later, got back to Ohio... Had a couple friends help me get it off the dolly and push it over to the side of my commercial building. And then there were two...

And here are some gratuitous shots of the supercharger...

Played with it all day today trying to get it started, no dice. Guess I am going to have to part this guy out. I did find someone to do my main seal/clutch/flywheel though! And he said he will do the full rebuild for me too once I break the clutch in... Dropped it off to him today!

I'll post some more updates soon!

Last edited by khufford; 04-06-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Parts stack of doom...

Here is my box o' gaskets and belts...

Parts stack of doom...

Stack of doom + Mishimoto radiator & fan shroud setup...

Brand new Magnuson M62 gen3 blower...

Can't wait to get it all installed! If anyone has any suggestions for pistons/rods, etc, I am open to ideas!

Last edited by khufford; 04-04-2017 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

So today I decided to further troubleshoot the red 'lude to see if I could get it running. I have to take it over to the shop where my SH is being worked on so I can get the supercharger off (eventually) and also it's blocking my trailer which I need on the weekends and I don't really have anywhere else to keep it. I could, of course, move it around if it would start!

I checked the engine codes and I got a 7 and an 8... Crank position sensor and top dead center sensor. Awesome. So either the sensors are bad, or the timing is off I guess. I looked into how to replace these and you need to take off the crank pulley, remove the timing cover, balance shaft belt, etc. No thanks. I'm not putting anymore money into this thing. This car will probably be parted out when it's all said and done. So I called a wrecker and had it towed to the shop...

This is a good way to quickly lose $87...

So I got that handled, and when I got there I walked in and my car is being worked on. Axle had been removed and he was working on dropping the tranny to replace clutch/flywheel and replace main seal. Awesome. When that is done I will drive it for 500 miles and get the clutch broken in and then bring it back. Here she is up on the lift!

Unfortunately I do not have a HondaBob working on my car, but I do have a Volvo master tech doing it for me as a side job on the cheap. I may even end up trading him what's left of the red 'lude after the supercharger is off as payment for the full rebuild. We are currently negotiating that... He is a little rusty in the Honda department, but he's studying the manual and I keep feeding him tips I get off the forums (I'm sure he loves that!)

I'll post another update when the clutch/flywheel is complete!

Last edited by khufford; 04-04-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Making some progress on the clutch/flywheel installation and main seal replacement. The good news is we are ready to put everything back together, the bad news is the oil leak that I thought was the main seal isn't leaking from the main seal... :-( Seems like it's actually coming from up top somewhere. I suspect either the oil cooler or valve cover. We will dig into all that when we do the build on the engine after I break the new clutch in...

Here's a shot of the ATTS removed (needs removed in order to get to some of the bolts holding the tranny on).

Dirty under there!

Here's some shots of the tranny...

Old clutch disc and flywheel...

Still can't tell where the oil is coming from!

New engine mounts and stainless steel clutch line going in today then we will get it all back together and have some fun breaking it in!

Next up, paintless dent repair (to prep for paint touch-up), then we rebuild the rest of the engine!

Last edited by khufford; 04-04-2017 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
PreludeOnline Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I guess I should say that I'm flattered to see a "second best prelude in the world" build, haha!

I haven't got around to looking into the PM you sent me on the belt size, but I will soon. If you want a faster way than waiting on me, you could go out with a piece of string and wrap/trace around the pulleys that you want to include. Then measure it and go to an auto parts store and tell them that you need a 5 rib serpentine belt in X inches.

I will be following your story as it develops because I'm very interested in your M62 choice for the supercharger. I've seen it done (just in pictures) before and it requires you to cut your hood open for clearance. Best of luck!

My Build Thread: http://www.preludeonline.com/f82/bes...-world-237309/

1998 Honda Prelude Type SH White Diamond Pearl
2014 Honda Odyssey Touring Crystal Black Pearl
2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD White Diamond Pearl
prepreludesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepreludesh View Post
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I guess I should say that I'm flattered to see a "second best prelude in the world" build, haha!

I haven't got around to looking into the PM you sent me on the belt size, but I will soon. If you want a faster way than waiting on me, you could go out with a piece of string and wrap/trace around the pulleys that you want to include. Then measure it and go to an auto parts store and tell them that you need a 5 rib serpentine belt in X inches.

I will be following your story as it develops because I'm very interested in your M62 choice for the supercharger. I've seen it done (just in pictures) before and it requires you to cut your hood open for clearance. Best of luck!
I don't have the pully or the supercharger on yet so the string thing isn't really an option yet. Was trying to have all the parts together before I do it! But I've seen some other folks post that you can use the standard size belt that the JRSC comes with, you just have to let the adjustment all the way out on the alternator.

As far as the M62 blower, it's the gen3 model, same one the kit originally came with, so I shouldn't need to do anything crazy for clearance. Haven't compared the two side by side yet but Moss told me it's the one that came with the JRSC kit for the Prelude originally.

Thanks for the response!
Old 09-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Not much new to report, been waiting on some oil seals for the ATTS unit to come in, figured we should replace them since we took it off the car anyway. But my money is still burning holes in my pocket so I decided to go with a custom exhaust. I decided on doing 3" straight pipe, but I needed something better than that DC header I bought (and unfortunately already wrapped).

I had ordered some stuff from extremeprelude.com a few times and was pretty happy with their service, but I never looked at the exhaust section of their website. For some reason while clicking around I decided to give it a look and I found a Vibrant header. Apparently the last one in existence... I had been looking at the HyTech (too expensive, and honestly for $1500 I shouldn't have to modify anything) and I saw the thread that the dude keeps bumping with the knockoffs, but decided I wanted the real thing so I pulled the trigger.

The Vibrant one is going to take some modification to make it fit my custom exhaust, but at least it's 3x cheaper than the HyTech, and it looks like it's pretty damn high quality if you ask me.

I also ended up buying a Vibrant 5" resonator (3" inlet/outlet)... I know that's huge but this thing will be loud so I need all the sound dampening I can get. If I was going to get an aftermarket high-flow cat it would be about the same size, so I figure this will be OK...

Here's the inside of it!

I decided to get a Vibrant muffler as well (a "turbo" muffler I guess).

The tips look pretty similar to the Thermal R&D exhaust I have currently...

And of course this wouldn't be complete with some 3" T304 steel mandrel bent piping...

Now I just need to get the engine rebuilt so I can put this stuff on! I will be selling my Thermal R&D cat-back once I put all this on (it's the SH model!) so keep an eye out for that in the classifieds section at some point...

Heading up to the shop where she's being worked on tonight to check some of the fitment and find out what else I need in order to complete it. I figure I will need some flanges and gaskets at the very least...

Last edited by khufford; 04-04-2017 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you already have a truck, the real solution is to buy a trailer and turn the Prelude into a track rat....the track is where it belongs anyway!

Good luck with the build. The supercharger stuff is uber rare these days!

Old 09-19-2016, 08:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71dsp View Post
If you already have a truck, the real solution is to buy a trailer and turn the Prelude into a track rat....the track is where it belongs anyway!

Good luck with the build. The supercharger stuff is uber rare these days!
Holy crap dude that's badass, other than the fact that it's being towed by a GM product!
Old 09-19-2016, 08:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

So I stopped up to the shop where my car is being worked on to check fitment of the exhaust piping... It looks good except after the second 90 degree bend towards the muffler. Maybe it's different because I have an SH? I don't know, but the mandrel bent piping I have seems to have way too many bends...

Here that is again...

And here is my current exhaust (it's not stock but I assume they should at least be close!)

Anyone have any ideas on that?? Did they send me the wrong piece?

Anyway, the clutch/flywheel install is going well, the flywheel is installed...

Clutch disc...

Pressure plate...

What an oily mess!!

Last edited by khufford; 04-04-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:03 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khufford View Post
Holy crap dude that's badass, other than the fact that it's being towed by a GM product!
I already push the track car around a bit. Didn't feel like pushing the tow vehicle as well. I don't really get into the Ford/Chevy/Dodge thing. It doesn't make much sense to me. Would love to have the Duramax/Allison combo in a Ford chassis. I really like the Ford's interiors, but have seen a few friends run into engine and trans issues on the Ford diesels. Granted, most of it is with the older 6.0L engines (the 7.3s seemed fairly bullet proof, but the interiors were bleh). One poor guy ended up getting Ford to buy back an 08 and ended up getting a 10. Not even a year later, trans problems. Fortunately for me, GM products have treated us well (05 Tahoe Z71, 10 2500HD LTZ diesel, and 13 3500HD Denali diesel) with no problems.

Quote:
So I stopped up to the shop where my car is being worked on to check fitment of the exhaust piping... It looks good except after the second 90 degree bend towards the muffler. Maybe it's different because I have an SH? I don't know, but the mandrel bent piping I have seems to have way too many bends...
I imagine it's just bent that way to ensure clearance around the lower control arm. SH and base use the same rear lower control arms (same rear suspension, actually), so it's not because you have an SH.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:48 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
I already push the track car around a bit. Didn't feel like pushing the tow vehicle as well.
Sick burn...

Quote:
I imagine it's just bent that way to ensure clearance around the lower control arm. SH and base use the same rear lower control arms (same rear suspension, actually), so it's not because you have an SH.
Yeah, I called Trubendz, the place I got the piping from and they assure me that it will work. I guess we will see!
Old 09-20-2016, 05:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Good to see people still putting in effort to build nice Preludes. I prefer to see track Preludes, but any Prelude is better than no Prelude. Good luck with the build. What engine management are you going with since it's an SH?

I used to have a build thread here, but this forum is so empty that I ended up removing it. I have another one here: 5th Gen_ Roadrace Turbo Build - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Old 09-20-2016, 06:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Good to see people still putting in effort to build nice Preludes. I prefer to see track Preludes, but any Prelude is better than no Prelude. Good luck with the build. What engine management are you going with since it's an SH?

I used to have a build thread here, but this forum is so empty that I ended up removing it. I have another one here: 5th Gen_ Roadrace Turbo Build - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
AEM F/IC6... I'd love to do Hondata, don't want to lose ATTS.

Maybe I will move over there too... I check this forum out more for some reason. Not sure why.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
PreludeOnline Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
I don't have the pully or the supercharger on yet so the string thing isn't really an option yet. Was trying to have all the parts together before I do it! But I've seen some other folks post that you can use the standard size belt that the JRSC comes with, you just have to let the adjustment all the way out on the alternator.

As far as the M62 blower, it's the gen3 model, same one the kit originally came with, so I shouldn't need to do anything crazy for clearance. Haven't compared the two side by side yet but Moss told me it's the one that came with the JRSC kit for the Prelude originally.

Thanks for the response!
I completely forgot that we used an M62 blower. I had it confused with the way smaller M45 (used on Miatas I think). I meant to say that there is a guy that put an M90 supercharger on his prelude. Now that's a crazy setup!

My Build Thread: http://www.preludeonline.com/f82/bes...-world-237309/

1998 Honda Prelude Type SH White Diamond Pearl
2014 Honda Odyssey Touring Crystal Black Pearl
2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD White Diamond Pearl
prepreludesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepreludesh View Post
I completely forgot that we used an M62 blower. I had it confused with the way smaller M45 (used on Miatas I think). I meant to say that there is a guy that put an M90 supercharger on his prelude. Now that's a crazy setup!
Yeah, that's some serious overkill.

By the way, I got the Vibrant header all wrapped and silicone sealed, it looks dope now!

Should have my car back anytime now from getting the clutch/flywheel/main seal done. My stock motor mounts were in pretty bad shape so the guy decided to go ahead and install the aftermarket ones I got now... Guess he is having some trouble getting them in. He texted me today and told me he had it about wrapped up so I'll be breaking in the new clutch soon!

Last edited by khufford; 04-04-2017 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

Got my car back tonight, all 4 engine mounts installed, clutch/flywheel and main seal replaced, clutch line replaced. Need to break in the clutch now. I guess I'll be driving the crap out of it the next few days. I like the clutch, nice and grippy! The engine mounts make the ride feel a little stiffer, and I can feel a little bit more vibration than before, but nothing outrageous. Going to work on exhaust and some dent repair next, then back to the shop for the rebuild/supercharger install!

*EDIT* 300 miles into the break-in so far, zero issues. Taking it nice and easy, haven't engaged the VTEC once!

Last edited by khufford; 09-30-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

Clutch fully broken in... Off to the dent guy tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Prelude Forum > Other Discussion > Members' Rides

« Honda Engine | - »