» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Other Discussion > Members' Rides
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludeOnline.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 04:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Phattzy's turbo 3g

thought id join and post up my little project from the last 7 years , have been getting plenty of info from here aswell so this is how some of us aussie's build fast preludes

B20a6 fully forged bottom end , Molnar F22 Billet 4340 H-beam rods ( shot pend and bronze coating on small end for pin life ) ,Acl rod bearings , Acl race series main bearings , Arp h22/23 main stud kit , Decked and bored block , Crank line bored and polished , Weisco custom 82mm forged pistons C/R 8.5:1 , CP ring kit , 3 layer 0.051" cometic MLS head gasket , Arp head stud kit , Heavily port/polished head , Decked head , Heavier springs , Custom oversized twin feed fuel rail , Bosch motorsports 1680cc (168 lb) indy blue injectors , 3/8 billet inline fuel filter , Upgraded 3/8 fuel lines , Walbro 255lph (500hp) lift pump , Bosch motorsports 044 / 315lhp (700hp) main pump , 3ltr surge tank , Modifed intank chamber , Double spacer ( blacktrax style ) plenum , Modifed h22 throttle body , Custom steam pipe top mount turbo manifold , Turbonetics GTK 450 turbo , Turbosmart 38mm ultra gate with 14psi spring , Turbosmart eboost2 EBC , Turbosmart type3 supersonic BOV , 2.5 " hot pipe -- 600/300/76mm bar&plate intercooler -- 3" cold pipe , AEM adjustable cam gears , Gates racing timing belt , Gates A/C delete belt , Sard FPR , Procomp CDI / 6AL (SCI series) , Procomp 91 high out put ECOIL , Topgun 8.8mm race leads , 3" dump pipe , 3" stainless full exhaust , Magnaflow highflow cat , Soild engine mounts , Adaptronics E420C ECU (blacktop series) , Custom stainless airbox , Custom stainless catch can , x2 -10 areopro black series 90 fittings , x2 -10 areopro black series 45 fittings , x2 5/8 100 series braid hose , Innovate motorsports LC1 wideband , SPEC stage 5 full metallic clutch kit 499ft/lbs (663 Nm) , 5 speed , Stainless steel clutch line , Stock flywheel , DC2 type R helical LSD , S2 outer hubs , S2 36mm drive shafts , Braid brake line kit , Slotted rotors all round , Front brake dust covers removed , Stock shocks , New upper and lower ball joints , JDM style spring/sleeve kit 4" raise/lower , 17" rims 235/45/17 front 225/45/17 rear , Aftermaket front bar , cut and modded to fit intercooler , CD5 accord side skirts , CD5 front and rear lip , Vented bonnet , Bonnet struts installed , x4 2 5/8 autometer bonnet gauges , Tinted tail lights and garnish ,Body moulds colour coded , 8000k h4 hi-low HHID headlight kit , LED parkers , Replica Benen ind front 7 rear red tow hooks , Short shifter , Custom rollcage , ADR approved monza 4-point harness's , Fire extinguisher , LED down lights wired to key barrell dimmer , Autometer 2 5/8 oil pressure gauge , Autometer 5" monster tacho 10,000 rpm carbon fibre series , Autometer 2 5/8 boost gauge , False boot floor , Everything else stock , Battery relocated to boot , Carbon vinyl trim thru out , Momo nero pedal kit , LED back lit dash

PHATTZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 01:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

just picked this up , should keep me bussy for the next few days i recon . very very happy with the workmanship , 100 times better than the last person who i paid for machine work . as the wife has said IT BETTER NOT BREAK THIS TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , i'll let the pics do the talking

82mm of GOODNESS

this is the cleanest b20a6 bottom end ive ever seen

Old 11-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

went to start it just before and seems like its 180 out , going to put new plugs in her tomorrow and reset the timing as well as my valve clearences . see if i can get her to start under her own steam ? heres were im up to

Old 11-28-2012, 02:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

success !!!!!!!!!!!!!! its alive and under its own puff ! everything is being controlled from the adaptronics and set triggering to a h22a dissy ( thanks ian for all your help on this ) locked timing @ 15 and set dissy timing to 15 unlocked timing and ignition is perfect , its still heaps rich but very very safe , only problem is the timing belt adjuster bolt has stripped the thread on the block , i have a spare adjuster bearing and machined the face down so the bolt would bite deeper in the thread but with a little rev the timing belt started to slap as the adjuster became loose . looks like the only way to fix it is to match up a tap slightly bigger and find a bolt to match original length . but at least i got her idling , bleed out all the air in the cooling system , and got some heat into the MLS . im just going to reinstall the front bar and park her up , thanks again and stay tuned because this is only the begining of how mental the boosted 3g is .

Old 11-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Offical Girl Hater.

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm surprised no one has commented.

Awesome to see someone putting some work into a 3G. Keep posting up the updates, it is looking good!
2008 WRX Hatch
2004 S2000

dohcpower v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

thanks mate , they seem to be abit quiet here . all good tho
Old 01-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

I like the look! its got a rough but clean look to it kinda like rocket bunny in japan. engine looks gorgeous! I hope to build a third gen one day but for now my SH is where the cash flows
tmarfori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

Definitely a great build. Keep it up don't know of to many 3g fi builds. WHat kind of front bumper is that?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

thanks , i got it age's ago cant remember . sat night went out on a cruise with the local jap car club and had a ball , awesome people , awesome behaviour , awesome time . finished all my bog / putty body work just in time , starter is completely dead soleniod isnt woking so will be getting a replacement today hopefully and its off to the tuner this wed if i can sort out the starter . some pics before and at the meet

the tail has come up nice and really happy with it

this 1ver has the cleanist SR20 ive ever seen , could eat off it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Prelude Forum > Other Discussion > Members' Rides