Honda Prelude Online banner

My 2001 Prelude SS, two year progression

23K views 98 replies 13 participants last post by  That 01 BB6 
#1 · (Edited)
What can I say, this car is a culmination of blood, sweat, and tears over the past 4 years. I guess you could say I stumbled upon this Prelude on accident, as it was not my first, or second choice for a car when I was looking to buy one, back in November 09'.

I was driving my 1995 Honda Accord V6 at the time, and owned two previous Accords before the current. I had found a buyer for it on Craigslist, a police officer and his son. At the same time I had located a new vehicle, an Acura RSX. After meeting with the owner of the RSX and "sealing the deal" to purchase the following day, I went home happy for the next day.

Morning came, I sold my Accord to the officer and his son. Shortly after, I try to make contact with the RSX owner as planned and he never picks his phone up. The search for a car continues, now without me currently owning one anymore.

Later that week, I purchased a 1999 Civic Si..perfect condition and a one owner older lady! Only to find out she had the original title to the car from 1999 and couldn't get an updated one anytime soon. Long story short, had to return the car back to her, and when I showed up to her house she had one foot in a U-Haul truck ready to move out!

Two weeks later, and two weeks of riding my bike to work, I found this beautiful Prelude at a local dealership. I've done a lot to it, she has been a labor of love for 4 years. I've had fun doing things to the car, and appreciate the good times it has brought to far. I'm currently selling a lot of parts off of the vehicle, to get a second shot at college.

Under The Hood:
H22A4
Fujita CAI
K&N Filter
BPI Flowstack
Hytech Replica Header
Ingalls Stiffy Engine Torque Damper
NGK V-Power Spark Plugs
NGK Spark Plug Wires
Type-S Red Valve Cover
Braille 15lb Battery
Fidanza 8lb flywheel
Exedy Organic Clutch
p28 ECU - Tuned By CCC Racing
Mishimoto Radiator w/Mishimoto Shroud
Mishimoto Hoses

Exhaust:
Magnaflow High Flow Catalytic Converter
2.5'' Kteller Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Tubing
22'' Magnaflow Resonator
Vibrant Muffler

Brakes/Suspension:
Koni Shocks
Ground Control Sleeves
Techna-fit SS Brake lines F/R
Ichiba 25mm spacers F/R

Exterior:
17" RSX-S Rims
215/40/17 Michelin's
OEM Accessory Lip Kit
Seibon OEM Carbon Hood
JDM Rear Honda Emblem
20% Tinted Rear Windows
JDM Replica v2 Fog Light Kit

Interior:
AP2 S2000 Steering Wheel
OEM Carbon Trim
Alpine IVA-W203 DVD Multimedia Head-Unit
Polk Audio Front & Rear Speakers
JL Audio 8w3 Subwoofer
JL Audio 8w3 Enclosure
JL Audio 250/1 Monoblock Amp
S2000 Pedals
Strut King Dead Pedal

I Hoarded some parts for awhile then installed everything at once.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice ride man. I have the SS also in my 01 lude. Currently have 178k on it sadly since I drive the heck out of it. Tranny was fine up until about 166k and I had to have it rebuilt. Didn't want the hassle of doing a swap. I see you haven't lowered yours either. I have the RSX-S rims too and currently waiting to pocket some cash for some coilovers. Probably the last change I'll make to mine. It is almost a virgin as you can tell by my tag.

#4 ·
Thanks guys! I just wish I could find some prelude owners in my area for a meet arhhhhh.
I want to lower it but I'm in upstate NY and it's my DD. I would do a coilover setup if I could find a setup that let's me retain a stock ride height if I wanted for winter.

Gotta love those rsx-s rims! A lot cleaner of a look than my old Motegi's

These Hankook's are AMAZING by the way. Relatively cheap and they are stiiiicky.

#6 ·
I'll keep those Hankooks in mind for next spring. I HATE my current Bridgestone Potenza G 019 Grid tires. noisey as heck and terrible ride! I got them as a package when I bought the RSX-S rims. Yep love the rims! They look classy on any color.

#16 ·
I looove the alpine head unit. I just got back from a lengthy drive and my buddy was watching Fast Five on it. It doesn't have any weak points really. It has great subwoofer, treble, and bass controls. Your able to set high pass and low pass filters for your front or rears. That allows your front speakers to only hit the higher frequencies and be clearer..etcetcetc. Different screen tilt settings, amazing lcd display. I've always went with Alpine for head-units really.

I bought it when it was at $500 about 3 years ago. I'm sure it's come down in price since. Anyway yea I'll take some interior shots monday.:D

#21 ·
I had a buddy of mine do it at a tinting shop. It's like a lamin-x just not as thick to avoid any uneven "bump" feeling on the taillights where the tint starts.

I was going to VHT Nightshade the tails. Bought the can and everything, then decided not to because I know it wouldn't turn out perfectly even my first time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.