Honda Prelude Online banner

deaf lude's prelude.

88K views 456 replies 38 participants last post by  Prelude_92 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi! My name is Alex. I am deaf, but really I am hard of hearing meaning I can talk and hearing well. I am not profoundly deaf, but still called deaf due my hearing loss. I am 25. I currently live at Orlando, FL. I have been in the honda game since early 2005. Been to illegal street racing, been to track courses, raced for bet, anything like that you name it, but never been to jailtime, lol. Just some stupid tickets. 4th Gen Prelude is my dream car since I graduated from high school 2004. Ive been a member of many forums such as tamparacing.com, alldeaf.com, flaccords.com, ej1squad.com, orlandoforums.com, honda-tech.com, and hondasociety.com. Lol, sorry for many fourms but that because Ive had different honda cars in my past time before I got my civic/prelude. CB7 coupe w. h22 swap, eg ferios, and more but they arent my favorite. Nothing trilled me about them. Only just civic and mostly for prelude. Hope you enjoy reading the pics!

vvvvv Had it for 5 years and recently sold few months ago to buy a prelude. Bought it in Jan of 2006 and sold in April of 2011. I sure will miss this coupe vvvvvv

in 2007, when i had my civic, ive been wanting to get a prelude because its my dream car so i got 96' Prelude Si for cheap due the h23 motor is dead, but wrong time because i didnt had funds to repair the engine and had civic to take care of so i had to force myself to sell prelude again.vvvvvv

After had my civic for 5 years, I decided to sell my civic to buy a prelude because Ive been wanting a prelude for long time so I sold my civic and bought this 92' Prelude Si.... hey, i know its bumblebee prelude, but hey i got it really good deal that i couldn't pass! Here are the pics the day I bought it. vvvvvvvv

vvvv got Enkei 92's very good deal, but damn nasty offset making me feel like a mexican so I flipped and sold twice than what I paid for and it is getting ready for PAINT!!!!!!!!!! no more bumblebee for me because I can't stand it!!! Also got a set of jdm one piece stanley headlight vvvvv

vvvv BOOM! flat semi black paint job with ton of parts installed after the paint job. vvvvvv

ENGINE:
*Well maintained JDM F22B swap with automatic transmission. (DD'd) Would go for JDM F20B swap one day.
*JDM type S Intake (Thanks old prelude enthusiast Craig! :bigok:)
*FULL aluminum radiator
*Rear battery relocation
Thats all on my mind, but I will add if I forgot something

INTERIOR:

*EL gauge cluster with its inventor box conversion.
*94-96 Tweeter cover with USDM rare foglight switch.
*Custom made headliner and rear lid.
*Dual LED dome lights (bright as fk! Thanks Andrew! :bigok:)
*JDM Coin Pocket
*JDM dimmer switch
*JDM chrome door handles
*JDM rare panel switches.
*JDM courtesy lights with clear lenses (not installed)
*EDM rear fog switch.
*VTEC rear center speaker
*Abraham Lincoln old man cane cutted and use it as a shifter for fun.
* wink mirror
Thats all on my mind. I will add if I forgot something.

I.C.E:
*Pioneer double din touchscreen (about time!)
*All kicker speakers 6.5 all around.
*kicker 6x9 coming soon for VTEC rear speaker cover.
*Kicker 400rms/1 channel amp pushing 1' 15' Kicker L5.

EXTERIOR:

*RARE USDM hood bra with prelude logo.
*Optional JDM prelude visor with the flip thing on top.
*JDM one piece stanley headlights
*JDM bb4 stanley sidemarkers
*JDM bb4 amber signal covers
*JDM prelude visors.
*JDM front stanley fog with original honda bezels
*JDM folding mirrors with its relay, wiring, and switch (not installed)
*EDM rear stanley fog
*JUN lip replica.
*LOW beam 6k hid/ High beam 6k hid (tired of people blinking on me lol)
*wing west eyelids replica... (fk... thought its azect) :-(
*Accord rear lip (I know.. everyone and their sisters have it, lol.)
*Drag extended lug nuts
*Megan MVO exhaust
*trailer hitch :)eek:) lol I use it to pull a jetski and atv once in a while.
*01 Prelude glass sunroof

Thats all on my mind, but I will add if I forgot something.

SUSPENSION and WHEELS/TIRES:
* 5 lugging setup with drilled/slotted rotors and hawk pads with wheel bearing replaced and lower ball joints. Natural camber.
* rocking 16' Rota GT3s.

*Have SSR rep rims.

FUTURE MODS:
*FULL JDM digital climate control conversion.
*JDM parking pole
*JDM intersection lights
*Maybe some legit wheels?
*Aftermarket rear lip or value sport type 1s rear lip
*Chargespeed or JUN lip
*CF trunk (Have the front CF hood, but unsure to sell or not)
*JDM F20B with auto LSD transmission. (I don't care about 5 spds. Im just using it for DD'd & low and slow)

Thats all on my mind, but I will add if I forgot something.

For the paint job, I prefer not to say anything about it.

See less See more
#410 ·
Update: the BBS LMs are done.
Blood, sweat and money in it but worth it.
All it need is the tires.
I'm aiming for Falken ZE512 215/40/17 for small stretch since I'm all about low n slow.
Follow me at IG: @deaflude
That's all folks!

#411 ·
Just picked up a set of rare falken ze512 215/40/17s. The company where I got them from are now no longer selling the ze512 tires because ran out of stock and it is discontinued. Probably a last set in Florida. It is discontinued since 2012.

I am aware ze512 tires's lifespan aren't good but thats fine because the lude will not drive much since I have another DD and will mount on for car shows/ events and etc. ZE512's stretch is the main reason I am after since Im all about low and slow. Stance people love those tires due its stretch. I don't want to spent 7-8 bill on some bf goodrich, michellin, goodyear and etc just to have them sit to dry rot and not much driving.

Remember I picked up a set of Azect eyelids for only $50 shipped due the passenger side missing its tip and It got repaired by well known luder named Joe Gomez. Looking forward to get it. Oh yeah, my black set sold to my buddy Dave (apexman) Im glad he is the one to own the black set.

#412 ·
Update:

BBS LMs are done.

How the tires stretch on the 8/9 within.

Damn.... #apartment #storgeproblem #nospace #struggleisreal

Want to say big thanks to my lude brother named Joe Gomez for save my passenger side Azect eyelid. He is the one own 5th gen RHD wide body LS1 swapped prelude and own a fabrication shop.

Look like as if it never had damage. Damn Joe did great job!

Since I am done with aero parts and legit wheels with its tires. There are so much list I need to do for my Bella but right now my primary focus is keep saving money for the paint job. Im probably halfway to the estimate quote to paint my Bella

Thats all folks!

#414 ·
Small update:

I know I used to have an used but dead mint carpet but I traded the carpet for Chris's fiberglass service to fix my JUN lip. I finally another used but dead mint carpet that I will keep it for sure. The previous owner bought it brand new off the dealership over two years ago ($650 for that ****!) right before Honda discontinued it but unfortunately he wrecked his lude so had to sell it. I paid only $100 for it and its dead mint and still have the factory smell.

I will have the super stupid crazy 100 % rare, rarest, rarity and "zero to no chance to find" part coming to me this Monday. Some of you might know, but this part is what I've been looking for years and finally found it. I was sooooooo happy when I found it. The search has paid off! Will post the pics this Monday. I am still very excited about it.

People who friends with me via FB know about it but Im going to tell y'all. Long story short, Last week my prelude was involved in hit and run at my apartment lot. The damage is to rear right side bumper hanging loose due to broken tab plus good nasty ass tear cut. Rear bumper is done and need to replace but thank god because no damage to my VS2 rear lip. Just the bumper itself. Good thing, I have two witness saw accident occur and called the police for me. Two witness gave me description of what car, color and make and I knew it is ford taurus black 4 door the one hit my prelude. You know whats funny? The dude who hit and run my prelude live at the same building where I live so Im not worry! I just knew he will come back. The police came and asked if I want to press charge against him for hit and run but luckily the dude who hit and run pulled in and I told the officer "thats him" so the officer got into his car to drive and block the dude's car to prevent run away if happen. The officer ask me to wait over there (thats when i took this pic) I waited for good 20 mins then the officer came to me said he unknowly hit my prelude but two witness were with me yell and said "thats bull****!" they said he hit my prelude and stop for 10 sec then back up then speed up away so the officer ask me if I want to press charge against him for hit and run but in my mind, the dude may lie but I wouldn't want him to get arrest over $150 damage (just the bumper itself) so I told police officer to tell him to cough up $300 for the damage he caused and I will drop the charge. Good enough, the dude agreed and gave me $300. I would have him arrest if serious damage to my prelude that I think it is total loss but it is not. I knew he's guilty but at least I get the money to replace the bumper and NOT ONLY THAT, $300 boost up my Bella's paint job fund! hooary! lol I am only three bill away to be able afford for paint job estimate cost.

Thats all for now folks!

#415 · (Edited)
I've been looking for it since 2011 (most of you know I'm hood bra guy) and FINALLY, I found it! Heres the stupid crazy friggin rarest of rare half nose mask bra. Not full mask bra. It is logoed hood bra and fender covers. I found out this is CDM special order optional part meaning this is not something you can buy it off the part department right there back in the day. You have to pay/order it and wait almost two month to get it which is why people would rather to have full mask bra than to wait to get half nose mask so half nose mask less made back in the day.

EDIT: I just found out The part rep. who I bought my half mask bra from said Im very lucky I got half mask bra new because the original buyer ordered it right before it became discontinued and didn't pay/pick it up which is why I got it! It is discontinued years and years ago due to lack of sale. If the original buyer paid and picked it up long time ago, I will have no way to get it new current unless found by private, junkyard or something like that but this half nose mask bra is very very very slim to no chance to find it due to a small number of people bought it back in the day.

#416 ·
Update:

Well .... someone hit my prelude AGAIN... but different person this time and I know who did it but I have no witness so theres nothing I can do. You will see the pics of SUV the one hit my lude but I accept and move on. I moved my two cars and parked at the other side of building to prevent it happen. Stupid friggin people don't know how to drive! The fender, hood and passenger side JDM one piece headlight are damaged. The fender/hood are repairable but my right side headlight's plastic cover is done and all I have to look for spare headlight with non damage plastic cover so I can take it out and replace mine.

94-96 prelude custom hallowed nostrils. I got it from the dude named Andrew in California. I plan to have this as a first front end look with rare half mask bra. The second front end look will be azect eyelids.

Decide to get rid of the rear seats and its stuff due to worn, old, scratches and etc. I cleaned up 22 years worth of dirt/dust and installed the dead mint carpet.

You guys know I sold my first JDM one piece retrofitted headlights to my boy Adam because I needed the $ to save for the paint job so now I have the money ready to paint my Bella and spare money leftover.... I bought another set of JDM one pieces headlights for only $70 shipped. Miracle or whatever you call because the next day after someone damaged my right side headlight, BAM Someone posted VIA Honda-Tech sell JDM one piece headlights for $70 shipped so I bought it.

I miss the retrofit headlights and I've been wanting to do DUAL projectors route I researched and decided to go tsx projectors route. I bought two set of TSX projectors for really good price off HIDplanet forum. Yep, two tsx projectors for low/high beam lol because few times I drool so hard at the benz with OEM dual projectors and its beam at the ground very very bright so thats why I want to do dual projectors. I ordered what necessary to work with tsx projectors. Two pair of 6K d2s bulbs, two pair of d2s harness converter, a pair of slim ballasts for high beam (already have low beam ballasts), a pair of e46 shrouds for low beam and a pair of mini gatling gun shrouds for high beam.

Last,

Good news! I will drop my prelude off at my family friend's paint shop on the 11th of August. I paid a hefty price for the aztec green pearl metallic paint can, clear coat, activator, supply, and etc. (don't know if you can see the quote clearly but paint can, clear coat and activator cost me almost $840. Damn expensive af )

Im putting all the parts all together from storage, closet, and etc so I can drop it all off at once.

My family friend said it'll take 2-3 weeks to finish my bella so i can't wait!

#417 ·
Finally dropped my bella off at the paint shop today! Damn, I miss her already! I have to wait for 2-3weeks for it to be complete ready. -_-

Ok ok, heres the pic to give you an idea how it sit.... my lude on the BBS with fully lip kit'd.

Imagine how will it look with that color. Aztec green pearl. ****, i can't wait!

#423 ·
just bought another genuine mugen spoiler lol..... The red one is mine and the wine one and its metal bars and brackets (no emblem) will be up for sale eventually so PM me if you are interested but keep in mind, not cheap!

#428 ·
Yep mmmmmuuuugggeeeennnnn! lol just sold one of my mugen spoilers to my local friend named Adam. He own a beautiful low mileage 92 prelude S. Im glad he is the one to get it because we the local luders have mugen spoiler lol.

#430 · (Edited)
^ thanks!

Sorry for slow update. I was going thru tough times, my original painter went ill with serious condition been in and out with my bella, and many things but I am backkkkkk! All pics I took are a while ago and I should've posted here to match timeline but oh well.

#431 ·
Last one I got off honda ware house brand new in the box driver side quarter glass.

Brand new in the box front windshield molding!

Brand new in the box front ambers signal corners!

Brand new door molding seals for both side doors! got the last two off honda warehouse.

Brand new in the box VTEC neuspeed strut bar on top. The bottom one I used for awhile but sold it to Zac for his rhd k swapped lude!

Endless blue mirrors for my jdm power folding mirrors.

Value Sports and Mugen badges for my lip kit and mugen spoiler. Very expensive for little things smh lol

The current stage I am going thru is all about stance. It'll be a year or so before I go for function mode and getting my lude to 5 speed. While my lude is down, Ive been collecting all rare function parts.

*Forbbiden Motorsports shifter with shay spec shifter and its bushing stuff.
*Feel's clutch line
*5 speed half shaft
*h22 linkage
*clutch bottle
*Rarest of rare VISION pillar bar
*EM racing C-Pillar bar
*Discontinued Hardrace toe arms
*Discontinued ESP traction bar with torque damper

#436 ·
Thanks!

Looking sharp man! Keep us posted! Would like to see more pix of the paint too!
Thanks! The camera isn't 100% but when its time for photoshoot, Ill take pics with good quality camera to show the true color.

Heres more pics of paint.

Inside the booth

Outside sun glare at the paint

Forgot to add: Legit Project Kics heptagon 7 sided black coated metal lug nuts for my BBS LM.

#437 ·
It give me a smile everytime I enter the body shop to see it.

My painter is working on the bumpers to shave the holes and getting ready to paint it.

The JUN/Value Sports lip kit, azect eyelids, hallowed nostrils, rare custom roof spoiler and rear license plate holder are done and coming to my home! :)

SPC ball joints and Energy Suspension bushings installed on Upper and Lower control arms. It is for my bella's future function mode in a year or so. Im going for stance mode for awhile.

Lasting,

GENIUNE ARC INTAKE CHAMBER added in my bella's function mode collection! Gonna find ARC sticker and buy ARC filter then polish this bad boy in the future!

My bella is coming home today! whooooooo!

#438 ·
Finally my bella came home last saturday 7/18/15

Last Sunday 7/19/2015 My boy and I removed the OEM top hats and installed the extended OEM top hats to give my koni more travel shock.

Pardon me for the dirty engine bay after 7 months. I will clean it up eventually.

Left side:

Right side:

Suspension setup:

At the same day, My boy and I removed the whole power steering piping and. It is eye sore on the engine bay! The factory horn is removed as well. It is broken and plan to upgrade to hella horn sometime soon.

#439 ·
Now you know bella is home!

Prepped, sanded, primered and trim/bumper paint!

rear window molding!

roof trim liners

Quarter glass. I was going to install a new driver side one but doesn't make sense if I install a new one and reuse the old one so I decided to wait till I find a brand new passenger side so I can install both brand new so in meanwhile Ill fresh up my current quarter glass to keep it clean for now.

Brand new OEM door trim moldings installed.

Brand new OEM rear window trim installed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.