» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Regional Forums > NTPOG
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

PreludeOnline.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2008, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ricekillers meet....never see preludes...

Okay, So I went to a Ricekillers meet last weekend and about 30-35 cars met up and drove downtown for a photoshoot. I was a little bit surprised by the turnout. I don't know how familiar everyone is with ricekillers, but the members include imports, muscle cars, trucks...everything. You may be thinking, "wow....lame." But everybody that shows has a huge passion for the cars they drive. They're starting new meets that are supposed to cater to the more mature automotive enthusiasts. If anybody's interested, they say there should be a good turnout. Just be warned, this won't be like your typical Honda meet. There was a new ferrari and a 1000+ whp twin turbo viper last weekend. Lots of imports showed, but no preludes. So I don't know if this kinda thing appeals to anyone, but these guys are really motivated in their passion for cars. Its pretty cool. Heres the info:

RICEKILLER.COM PRESENTS

The new FILLING STATION Sunday Afternoon GTG

The Filling Station
2pm-6pm - Sundays
19009 Preston Road Dallas, TX 75252
Tel: 972-818-6224 Fax: 972-818-6225

This meet was created to cater to the MATURE car enthusiast. The hope is that by having the car meet in a nice part of town, at such an uncommon part of the day, that kids, ricers, and spectators will be kept at a minimum. The odds of such people attending a meet increase as a day go's on, so with that in mind this GTG will be from 2pm to 6pm, right in the middle of the day until sunset.

This meet will be located at the FILLING STATION which has recently relocated here in October of 2007 from their famous Greenville location in Dallas. The location is very nice and sports all automotive related decor and menu items. Its a perfect match!

We have tested the burgers and they are out of this WORLD! They have a full bar, and several large plasma screens.

This meet will all provide to car owners exclusive FOOD DISCOUNTS which will be announced at the first meet.

We want to keep this meet QUALITY so for the first time we will ask that you assist us in this new concept. If you are a disruption in any way you will be asked to leave, once nicely and the 2nd time by the owner. Infractions may also be taken against your RKC ACCOUNT if needed.

We hope that all of you who attended the RKC/DI Photo GTG will also attend this unique new weekly GTG! We plan for a large turnout this Sunday so please make plans to attend! See you there!
00pwpprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2008, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Supporting Member
Pimp Member

Feedback Score: 74 reviews
I've heard of this group, but never went to any meets.
98 Prelude-Parts Car-SOLD
97 Prelude-RHD project#2
99 Prelude-Parts car-SOLD
99 Prelude-Parts car-SOLD
01 Prelude-Parts car-SOLD
94 Prelude-VTEC status-Traded for 98 Prelude
98 Prelude-traded for 94 prelude
97 Prelude-Parts car-SOLD
97 Prelude-Parts car-SOLD

Retrofit service/pics
http://www.myspace.com/bceretrofits
Prelude1897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

been to a couple of their meets, but was always on the bike. id wanna check out the meet in my lude sooner or later.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2008, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Never been to one

But I hang out on ricekiller.com some. The primary people seem pretty cool, but the commenters are a bunch of Mustang people, seems like.

Thinking about showing up at one, though. PM me sometime if you think you might, we'll have a Prelude corner.
prelude_paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Prelude Forum > Regional Forums > NTPOG