» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Regional Forums > NTPOG
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance Advertise

PreludeOnline.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
any advice?

I have a 2000 prelude and recently the check engine light came on right around the same time my inspection sticker expired. Since I live in Rockwall and drive to Plano to work everyday it was pretty much a gaurantee that I would get a ticket since enforcement steps up like crazy in these areas at the end of the month. So far I've been pulled over 3 times in the past 4 days and from what my error code spits out and what I've seen in other forums here the first thing I need to do is clean my EGR valve. I really need to get this taken of care within the next week and I was just wondering if any of you had any good tips on cleaning my EGR valve that would make the task a little smoother. I have pretty much every tool at my disposal as I have access to my buddies shop but he flat out told me when I bought the honda he'd never help me work on it since he's a classic car mechanic and hates anything foreign. I've browsed pretty much every topic in the other forums and find the information provided lacking as they just seem to state the obvious. What I really want to know is if there is any specific tool any of you local folks found best for the job? I love my prelude and wouldn't dream of getting rid of it but the only other vehicle I had before it was a '90 Wrangler which was cake to work on. The prelude is so cramped it really limits what tools you can use to get the job done. Any information you could provide would be great.
CWilcoxson85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2008, 01:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
I'm white

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
1. its easier to read paragraphs (personal taste)

2. why don't you go to the local autozone (i think there's one near walmart right?) or o'reillys (on ridge rd) and get your code read so you can try to diagnose your problem

3. your friend "who is a classic car guy" is an idiot and obviously not your friend. he could have told you what i did in #2 without question.

4. btw, we have moved to our own forum found on the ntpog website.

"I am a ricer because I have Z3 fenders"
Bless Her Heart ORG
petern101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I did the diagnoses at Autozone which is why I know I need to attempt to clean the EGR valve first before I start buying $200 replacement parts for the other causes of the error code.

I just want to know if anyone has done it on theirs and have any suggestions from experience that would make it an easier process.

As for my buddy he's been strictly an american classic car mechanic since he opened his shop 20 years ago. Caters mainly to the rich people in the dallas area and does onsite repairs. I don't blame him for not wanting to work on stuff he's not familiar with.

I'm sorry, next time I'll type it out sentence by sentence so you can comprehend the question.

Pretty much proves my point of most replies on these forums being common sense stuff that anyone who owns a car should know. I'll just dive into it myself as usual I guess.

Last edited by CWilcoxson85; 02-26-2008 at 01:28 PM.
CWilcoxson85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2008, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
I'm white

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well whats the code?

cleaning your EGR helps if you have certain levels from your inspection.

you need to list your mods as well and maintanence history.

from your original post, there isn't actually that much information on there. no one likes to help whenever there is minimal information

"I am a ricer because I have Z3 fenders"
Bless Her Heart ORG
petern101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Prelude Forum > Regional Forums > NTPOG