Honda Prelude Forum Honda Prelude Forum Header Right
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Honda Prelude Discussion > Third Gen Prelude Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludeOnline.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
88 wont start!

I have an 88 Prelude that wont start. It turns over but doesnt quite get enough power to start. My battery is good and I just changed the cap and rotor. It seems I have an ignition coil on the top left of my engine which I thought was supposed to be somewhere else. Wondering if that could be the problem. My spark plugs have a light yellow spark and my taillaights don't work when my headlights are on. My car also idles at 2 rpm and I can change the idle by pulling up on my gas peddle. Fuses are all good.
bobbilynn000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

I am no expert, but I will kick this to the top, first off to run it needs spark (fire), fuel and air in the proper ratio. If its getting a spark, I wonder if its getting the proper amount of fuel, is your car fuel injected or carburator controlled for the air/fuel mix?

By comparison, I turned the key on mine once, dash lights came on and then when you hit the starter portion, she blanked out. Nada, zip, nothing, ended up being a loose wire from the fuse box to the battery, been fine every since... good luck
Grandpa Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

It sounds to me like you might have a ground problem somewhere. The most common one to give people problems is where the engine bay harness grounds to the coolant neck. Also clean your battery cables and battery terminals if you haven't done that yet.

Colfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Prelude Forum > Honda Prelude Discussion > Third Gen Prelude Discussion