Honda Prelude Online banner

*UPDATE* NO Start! Number 4 "Back Up" Fuse 10A (under dash) KEEPS BUSTING???

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  indylude18 
#1 · (Edited)
*UPDATE* NO Start! Number 4 "Back Up" Fuse 10A (under dash) KEEPS BUSTING???

1992 f22b

***ATTENTION***

BEFORE READING THIS THREAD READ MY PREVIOUS THREAD FOR MORE DETAILED INFO!!!

http://www.preludeonline.com/f61/update-she-cranks-but-doesnt-start-not-all-250410/

If you havent already please read the link (above) to my previous post before for more descriptive details.

IMPORTANT-
(when replying include number to question below)

(1) Does any one know of any information about the NUMBER 4 "BACK UP" FUSE 10A (located in fuse box under dash)???

It BUSTS as soon as the ignition is turned to the ON position.
THERE IS A *SHORT* SOMEWHERE...

(2) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO START LOOKING AT?

(3) What does the Back Up fuse link to?

(4) DOES THIS FUSE HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE IGNITION?

I have a manual that I got from the internet but it doesnt give much info.

-Car does not start. There is NO spark!
-We bought another Main Relay and tested both...They BOTH READ GOOD!

Thank You in Advance,

Any answers and even questions will greatly help! Ask me any questions you may have...especially because I check this forum VERY often!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
lol ANOTHER thread

Did you swap out the "new" main relay with the old one to see if it keeps blowing the fuse?

EDIT: and no, that fuse does not have anything to do with the ignition system. Turn to page 23-92 in your Helms, its not in there. 11-12 shows it feeding the main relay as do pages 19 and 20 in the schematics section.

I thought you said you were getting fuel?

#4 ·
Who knows what happened then. Based on your other threads, you weren't getting spark, but as soon as you swapped the main relays (has nothing to do with the ignition system), this fuse started blowing.

#6 ·
Backup fuse issues

The back up fuse goes to the main relay, the main relay is for 4 things. The ecu, the fuel injector resistors, the iac valve, and the o2 sensor, so if you have done recent work on any of those recheck. If not then follow all wiring to those components, good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.