Honda Prelude Forum Honda Prelude Forum Header Right
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Honda Prelude Discussion > Fourth Gen Prelude Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludeOnline.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Removing front bumper, help asap

I am taking off my front bumper to get my intercooler in there. There are screws underneath the headlights that I can't seem to get at. How the hell do I get them out? They are the only thing thats holding my bumper now, I got everything else but I can't figure out these sons a *****es. If I could get the headlight out I would be fine but I can't get that out either. All the bolts and screws are out but I can't fanagle it out of there it is too big. WTF! Please help.
Thanks.
Austin.
hondatune32206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Unregistered User

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Those screws are attached to the bumper support. There are 6 bolts holding the support on. 2 behind each turn signal and 2 in the engine bay below the headlights. Once those are removed the entire support will come off with the bumper cover.
spin_r_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I got all those out. There are directly under the outside edge of the headlight, I don't know why they are there I don't think they are supposed to be there but I cannot get them out.
hondatune32206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
I'm white

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spin_r_g View Post
Those screws are attached to the bumper support. There are 6 bolts holding the support on. 2 behind each turn signal and 2 in the engine bay below the headlights. Once those are removed the entire support will come off with the bumper cover.
Have you taken these out? Because there is absolutely nothing else holding the bumper support on. Whenever I put in my jdm bumper support, I forgot the two bolts behind the headlights and thought the ones UNDER the headlights were the cause.

If you are going to put an intercooler on, I sure hope you can get off the bumper.

"I am a ricer because I have Z3 fenders"
Bless Her Heart ORG
petern101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Unregistered User

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you are still referring to the screws under the headlight they're just plastic clip type screws that hold the bumper cover to the bumper support. Yes they're supposed to be there.

Are you positive you've removed all of bolts/nuts? They're there to hold the support on. There are only 6 bolts holding the support. If you get all of them the support will slide right off.

If you still can't figure this out take pictures of the places where you've removed all the bolts from so we know that you've got them all.
spin_r_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Prelude Forum > Honda Prelude Discussion > Fourth Gen Prelude Discussion