Honda Prelude Forum Honda Prelude Forum Header Right
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Honda Prelude Discussion > Fourth Gen Prelude Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludeOnline.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2006, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
woop woop!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Adjusting clutch engagement. (diagram inside from helms)

Can someone please explain to me which is the actual part I'll be adjusting that will advance or retard the clutch engagement point. Is it clutch switch A? The push rod is just for adjusting where the clutch pedal sits when completely pressed and completely released right; ie the start and end point for the clutch pedal basically.? So do I not need to adjust the push rod if right now it is currently fine?

I basically want to adjust my clutch engagement point so my clutch grabs sooner than it is. Right now it grabs about 1/3 to 1/4 of the way off the floor, I want it to engage sooner than that. Almost instantly on release basically. That's how I used to have it before my swap and I loved it like that.

Thanks guy. Also did a search, there's only a write up for a 5th gen (http://preludeonline.com/showthread.php?t=162200), but the person that made the write up took pictures and described much different things than how the helms look. Well not totally different, but enough for me to raise question to make sure I'm doing it right

TIA guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vile10
not to offend anyone but usually when you hear a loud noise but never see the car for a long while, that's probably a civic
SNsLude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2006, 12:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
locknut C

you will see a rod coming from the firewall to the clutch pedal. and just kinda play with it
jsmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
woop woop!

so thats my guy to adjust for clutch engagement? I don't need to mess with the clutch switches or anything correct? tia.

Quote:
not to offend anyone but usually when you hear a loud noise but never see the car for a long while, that's probably a civic
Old 04-29-2006, 05:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Supporting Member
95 Prelude Accord EuroR

Undo locknut C, screw the pushrod out until the pedal has just a little bit of free play (I put mine at 1mm). Adjusting all the switches is probably not necessary. I didn't bother with it.
ScottH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
woop woop!

and is it cw or ccw i want to turn it (if i'm looking directly at the pedal from the driver seat) to lower clutch engagement so it's closer to floor? Thanks guys

Quote:
Old 05-17-2006, 10:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Supporting Member
John

what does switch a and b do? i know one of them is the safty thing so that the engine won't start with out the clutch in.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Supporting Member
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by john115
what does switch a and b do? i know one of them is the safty thing so that the engine won't start with out the clutch in.
One of them is to prevent the car from starting unless you depress the pedal and the other is to disable the cruise control if the pedal is depressed. I think... they might work in conjunction with one another. One of them went bad on my car so I had to put a jumper in the cable to get it to start. My cruise control does not work now.

btw, you might want to reduce the size of that pic in your sig

458 RWHP / 422 ft/lbs RWTQ
G_Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Prelude Forum > Honda Prelude Discussion > Fourth Gen Prelude Discussion