Honda Prelude Forum Honda Prelude Forum Header Right
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Honda Prelude Discussion > Fifth Gen Prelude Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludeOnline.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Supporting Member
Jeremy

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Rear Defrost...remote start

Ok so I am hoping someone has an idea here and can help me out. I just finished hooking up my remote start with keyless entry and alarm last night preparing for the Kansas winter. I am wanting to hook up one of my - aux channels to the rear defrost as well so I can either have it turn on when I hit the remote start or activate it as a separate channel. I am just needing to know which wire I should be looking for an if anyone knows if it is just a - pulse to activate it. I would think that would be the case since it is mearly a press of the button to activate it inside the car but I just want to make sure. I have searched and searched here and abroad and have yet to be able to find the answer! Thanks again for all of your help in advance guys!
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Download the service manual from SpoonerTuner.com - Free downloadable Honda Acura Factory Service Manuals by HELMS and you can find the correct wire there.

Just make sure that the aux wire from the starter only outputs current during remote start. Else your rear defroster is going to be on all the time.

And a constant supply has to be supplied to the rear defroster since it's on a relay. The actual switch sends 12v to the relay when it's engaged.

^^ Click me to see my WRITE-UPs!! ^^
Shimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Supporting Member
Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimee View Post
Download the service manual from SpoonerTuner.com - Free downloadable Honda Acura Factory Service Manuals by HELMS and you can find the correct wire there.

Just make sure that the aux wire from the starter only outputs current during remote start. Else your rear defroster is going to be on all the time.

And a constant supply has to be supplied to the rear defroster since it's on a relay. The actual switch sends 12v to the relay when it's engaged.
Thanks for the suggestion....cannot believe I didn't think of the obvious!! Appreciate it!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Supporting Member
Jeremy

After searching around and some trial and error I found this wire to be located in the green plug at the back of the temperature controls... It is a yellow/white wire and just needs a 1/2 second negative pulse to activate it. Once the negative pulse is sent to that wire it will activate your rear defrost! Thought I should at least put this up here for search purposes at the least nothing sucks more than searching the forums finding the thread with the exact same problem but never a resolution or solution posted so here ya go! Thanks again for all the help everyone!
Advertisement

Honda Prelude Forum > Honda Prelude Discussion > Fifth Gen Prelude Discussion