Honda Prelude Forum Honda Prelude Forum Header Right
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
Go Back   Honda Prelude Forum > Honda Prelude Discussion > Fifth Gen Prelude Discussion
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow Advertise

PreludeOnline.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2002, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
=== Quaife differential is adjustable ===

Hi everyone !

Before buying my Quaife ATB differential, I asked my salesman if it was possible to adjust it to change the percentage of power transferred to the other wheel. He said no I have never heard about that, it comes already perfectly tuned from the factory. He also said he had one installed on his race car.

Now, after it is installed on my car, another guy (who plays a lot with car modifications) told me it's adjustable.

When my car has one wheel on the ice and the other one the asphalt, the wheel on the asphalt bites, but it could bite more because the differential still slips a lot. Anyway, I would like to read comments from you about the following points:

1 - If the Quaife is really adjustable, do you know how to adjust it (it's probably difficult to adjust it perfectly the first time) ?

2 - Would the adjustment be worth it (I mean, maybe on normal road conditions in summer I could not see the difference) ?

3 - A tighter adjustment would result in more pressure and more friction in the Quaife unit, so do you think it would reduce its reliability ?

4 - Is there a lucky owner here with a Prelude modded with a JRSC and a Quaife differential ? Is there still a lot a wheelspin on dry pavement or is is a lot better ?

5 - Stock differential weighs 8 pounds while Quaife differential weighs 12 pounds (increased rotational mass). Someone told me a Quaife unit doesn't actually result in a HP or torque loss in a situation where a normal differential would not produce wheelspin. The only difference is that the engine takes slightly more time to reach the desired RPM, do you agree with that ? Maybe the loss in performance is not significant and could easily be corrected with a lightened flywheel.

Thank you for your future feedback !
zombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Prelude Forum > Honda Prelude Discussion > Fifth Gen Prelude Discussion