Honda Prelude Online banner

Lightweight Battery

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  thatchmaster 
#1 ·
What's a good lightweight battery to get? I was looking at the larger Odyssey ones (which are still tiny) or someone here mentioned the Holley Annihilator battery. I think mine died and luckily I have another car so I don't need to get one right away, but I have to decide really soon.

Thanks,
Shige

#3 ·
Thanks Billy!

I wrote to BatteryWeb.com and after talking to their rep, I settled on the PC925. He suggested the PC1200 at first.

Specs for the PC925

L:6.7"
W:7.1"
H:5.1"
Weight: 24 lbs

It's rated at 470CCA a little less than the 550CCA of the stock battery. I live in mild Northern California, so it should be more than enough.

I wonder if I should I try to mount it in the trunk...

#5 ·
#6 ·
I was going to put in the trunk but the carbon fiber tray wasn't strong enough for the stock battery. If I was to do it now, I'd just go ahead and make it strong out of metal.

I have subs back there, but I can reposition them. If and that's a big if, I get a charger, I want to make a bathtub intake and so I'd need the area where the battery sits.

I don't think 10 lbs will be felt in anyway and if you're weighing that versus getting stuck in the snow, I'd probably go with the security of a larger battery. Even their PC1200 is about 10 lbs lighter than stock and that's rated higher than the stock battery. The PC925 seemed to me, a good middle ground, a little less powerful but a whole lot lighter.

#7 ·
up up up.

Just wanted to see if Billy or Todd could get a look at this so I can decide what to get for a battery. Thanks guys!

-Erik

#9 ·
Thanks Billy. I just don't know what I'll really need to get me through winter over here.. and I'm not very knowledgeable about batteries (like there's a lot to know?). I'm pretty much looking for a replacement, and the lighter the better. I've considered moving it to the trunk anyway if weight ever becomes a real concern.

-Erik

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.