Honda Prelude Online banner

Idle Problem Please help

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  tennisman1993 
#1 ·
Hey guys i have a 97 lude sh and i just had a engine put in because i screwed my other one but anyway it isnt idling right it is going up and down from 800 rpm to 1500rpm and idk what to do it has a cold air intake and idk why it is doing this if you guys have any ideas on how to fix this i would appreciate it. i was thinking i should get a stock intake that hase all the sensors and stuff on it is that a good idea? or can i fix it and keep my inake on it thanks

#3 ·
#7 ·
Alright i just Cleaned out the IACV and that didn't fix it it might have helped it a little bit but not much what else do you think it could be every one is telling me it is the intake not having the sensors on it i am trying to find a stock intake for it but i cnt find any if anyone has one and wants to sell it let me know.

#11 ·
im not sure if this will help, but i had the same problem after my engine swap. And i found the problem to be simple but frustrating. after a long time or searching, i found it was a simple little rubber tube that fell of if the intake manifold on the back side. I also had an extra place for a tube on the manifold, (it was a JDM one) so i capped it off and after that it ran perfectly.

#13 ·
thanks for all the help i was cleaning all different things and checked for vacume leaks and then i had to get my heaater valve replace and the mchanic messed with it for a bit and got it idling right again idk how but he did and its all good not except for a coolant leak comming from somwhere im going to try and figure that out tonight. i have all new hoses and everything on the whole car after the replacment engine was put in and idk why it would be leaking but hopfully i can find somthing tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.