Honda Prelude Online banner

cgrinding/clanking noise while accelerating?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  2000turbolude 
#1 ·
i was driving my lude today and while i was accelerating between 1000-2000 rpm, i heard a very light grinding/clanking sound, it sounded sort of like their were some bolts or nuts coming out of my exhaust but i dont think the noise was coming from the exhaust somewhere in the rear left side under the car or something, no idea :shrug: can some one please help me out, im a little worried

-i drove about 25 miles in the morning, then when i was coming back home after college, off the freeway, i stopped at a stop sign then when i started to accelerated, pretty slowly, i heard this. When i went sort of full throttle couldnt feel it as much and also i noticed going up hill just makes the grinding worse

-also pretty sure its not the tranny

:( more things to worry about than i already had

Anyone have any thoughts on what it could be

thanks for your help

#4 ·
I had the same problem. My bolt had completly fallen off one of the exhaust flanges on my cat-back. Might be the same problem? Get under the car and see if you can find anything.

#5 ·
im planning on doing that just as soon as the rain stops, hopefully thaats it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.