Honda Prelude Online banner

Black/Master key wont start car.....

6K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  milad 
#1 ·
ok apparently this is what happened....dad grabbed the spare keys to move car so he could go to work, used one key, didnt start car, used other key didnt start car, so he asked me what was goin on ( i was 75% asleep so i cant remember if u used the black key or not) but he got it started and moved...

Problem:

now my black key wont work, it wont start it. the tan(?) key starts it, but i cant get the black one to work.... so what do i need to do and whats goin on here....

#2 ·
did he use the red key?!??! That red key resets the ECU and the immobilizer settings so you won't be able to start the car with your black key =/...If he ended up using the red key, then you need to take it down to Honda and get everything reprogrammed again.

#3 ·
haha that would suck if he used the red key and did not know about it, i really dont understand the reason honda decided to include the red key with the car knowing people might use it not knowing that the car would not start afterwards.

#6 ·
i think that i may have used the red key in my prelude and now the car doesnt start with my black or grey key but when i put my black key in the engine it just cranks but doesnt startdoes any one know whats going on will it need to be re programed or will i need to get a new imobilizer sytem put in please let me know what i can do thanx guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.