Honda Prelude Online banner

17x8.25 +45 offset rims

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  BB6Calvitti 
#1 ·
First off im sorry if this already is a thread but i couldnt find it. So anyway im trying to run 17x8.25 rims with a +45 offset. i know the offset is fine to run, but as far as the width am i okay? if i have to roll the fenders thats nbd. Just need to know if any more modifications are necessary. Any one whose running that size, or close to it let me know please. thanks

#2 ·
depends on what tire size you go with. im running a 245/45/17 on the rear on a 17x9 +45 and i had to roll the rear fender and cut the inner lip of the bumper. also depends how low you're sitting. im on tein s springs so i think it's about an inch lower maybe an inch and a quarter.

hope that helps.

#3 ·
i run ksport kontrol pro coilovers, so i can ride low or stock. so i can always adjust it to a specific height. i am gonna try to go decently low as im gonna be running the rims with a camber kit too, so ill see. thanks for the help. and btw when you cut the bumper, you shaved it and zip tied it im assuming?

#4 · (Edited)
i shaved the whole inner lip of the actual bumper that runs along the fender... that little 1 inch lip. bent the bumper mounting point thinking that was what was rubbing.... but it was the frame metal on the inside of the bumper... so my friend and i hammered that in so it didn't rub. we ended up using two self tapping screws to mount the bumper by the fender.

keep in mind... im running 17x9 on the rear with a 245/50 tire... so a smaller tire with a smaller sideway shouldn't be too much of an issue.

the front i didn't have to roll the fender because the s-tech springs don't sit too low so the front doesn't rub. not sure what you'll have to do for sure on the front.... but i had the 245/50 on the 8 inch wide wheel and it didn't rub or anything with the 1.25 inch drop on the front.

hope that helps man.

#5 ·
Im having one set of 215/45/17 +40 offset and the rims are 7" or 7,5"

lowered ~1,5"

I had to cut little bit off from rear bumper's inside corner (or that "lip" what guy above mentioned) that they wouldnt rub there. theyre pretty close to rear fenders (front is still ok) but yours are much wider so probably you have to roll the fenders

#6 ·
yeah ill just roll the fender and see from there if i have to actually cut the front, the rear i will definatley have to because im gonna be running 8.5" wide rims and fr3nchy524 had to cut the fender with 9". thanks though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.