Honda Prelude Online banner

rear speaker install [4th gen]

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  spunkk55 
#1 ·
i bought some infinity kappa 62.5i speakers. problem is the magnet is too big to fit in the speaker hole in the rear. my question is, is there anything i can do to make the speaker fit besides making a spacer? i really dont want to have to make a spacer for the speaker because if i do i cannot put a speaker cover on it because of the rear windshield. any suggestions? cutting the deck is a possibility, if it can be a simple enough project to do. btw, the speaker top mount depth is 2 1/8" and the magnet size is 5". any help is much appreciated.

#4 ·
my problem is that when i try to line up the speaker, it will not go down. to me it seems like the magnet and the basket holding it will not let the speaker through. it looks and feels like it is too big to fit in the stock holes. if you guys say it fits, then i might have to try a little harder. thanks for the info.

#5 ·
i tried making it fit. had absolutely no luck. whenever i try to get it in, the little pieces that stick into the hole get in the way. the pieces are where the speaker holes are. it is the little extension into the center of the speaker hole. the trunk bars aren't my problem yet. its getting them into the hole that is my problem. i don't know what to do anymore. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i have a 94 vtec if that'll help any. thanks.

#7 ·
spunkk55, hey I had the EXACT same problem. It's a simple fix though. You mean that the speaker will fit in the little basket but it won't seat all the way down because of the "metal bracket from the speaker to the magnet" is too wide right? All I did was shave some of the inside of the circle of the basket and it fit fine. It really doesn't take much shaving. I used a file to do it. If you have a Dremel tool, it'd be cake. Heavy grit sand paper should do the trick too. HTH

EDIT: I have the exact same speakers too. Whaddya know! 3-way Infinity Kappas. The green ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.