Honda Prelude Online banner

Question with AFBS on 5th gen prelude

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  beezlebubba 
#1 ·
I know the 5th gen prelude has something called AFBS which is supposed to improve the over sound.

My question is, is the AFBS just for the rear speakers and not the front? I am guessing the AFBS is just for the rear beacuse in the FAQ, it only showed two pairs of wires to bypass.

My other question has to do with the stock amp or if the prelude has one for the front speakers. The reason why I asked is because I want to add an amp and I want to tap into the speaker wires near the deck instead of wiring a new set of wires through the doors. I know it is recommended to run new wires to the front door if you plan to amp the speakers, but I will just drop in some coaxial and call it a day. It is WAY to much work to make the front door fit the speakers that I want to fit. So if I can just tape the speaker wires from the HU, that would be great.

#2 ·
Yes, the AFBS is only for the rear speakers.

There is no stock amplifier. If you want to run an aftermarket amplifier to power the front speakers, which is what you seem to want to do, you can certainly run speaker wire from the aftermarket amplifier to the front speaker wires found behind the radio. Don't just tape them. Solder and tape, or crimp them.

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I am disappointed that I can't use my Diamond Audio S600s speakers on the prelude because I spend hours hacking the front door trying to make it fit. A few set back held me back from using the DA speakers. There is no way I can fit the xover in the door. The xover on the DA speakers is freaking HUGE, just as big as the speakers itself. I can't fit it behind the door where most 5th gen owner did. If I don't put the xover in the door, that would means that I would have to put them in the car, which will means running TWO sets of wires to the door. So unless if I remove the door itself and drill my own hole, there is no way it can be done. That is too much work to do for a car that I drive about 5 miles to work and school.

#4 ·
I just took out my s600s from my 2000 SH yesterday. tradin her in for an s2000. I took out the oval reinforer in the door. 2 screws I believe and the diamon crossover holes lined up with the stock reinforcer holes so it was a nice clean install for me. I eliminated most of the plastic basket in the door and fit the 6.5 mids in there fine and crammed the big tweeters into the stock location. I also fatmatted the doors. sounded awesome. :bigthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.