Honda Prelude Online banner

recommendations re:lightweight battery?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  G_Loc 
#1 ·
this has come up a few times, but never any answers.

does anyone have experience with lightweight batteries for the prelude? i don't have any excessive audio gear or lighting, and would like to save a few pounds and possibly some space for a larger cold air box...

suggestions?

#6 ·
that's what i thought.... too bad. 1/2 the weight of a normal battery, prolly cause it has 1/2 the cells.

dka said:
i have seen it in a 94 civic dx..but i don't know about a prelude. Now that i actually think about it, you need 12v for the ignition/starter...so nm

#7 ·
Well, you can get two 6V Optima batteries and be back where you started! :laugh:

Look at Odyssey Batteries. I have heard lots of good things about them. Remember that a smaller battery has to work harder to start your car, so it won't last as long. That being said, the NSX guys are using the PC-545 Odyssey battery. IIRC, 12 lbs!! It has enough power to crank the car over, but it doesn't have enough reserve to listen the radio for a long time without starting the car, though.

I was considering the PC-680. Bigger, but onlly 3 lbs. heavier.

Look at www.batteryweb.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.