Honda Prelude Online banner

Austin Area Preludes

3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Xander 
#1 ·
Well I saw a post in the NTPOG about Austin not having any get togethers. Well how about starting one? I don't know when, but I would like to get a group of people who want to get this thing going in on this. I do not want to plan something and then it fall thru the floor. :eek:

I do not live in Austin, but am willing to drive there. I live next to Ft. Hood. I am willing to drive that hour, but I would like at least 5 of us to want this to happen.

The X-Mas season is here, and people will be spending time with families and stuff, so no need to rush a meet. But perhaps somewhere in January that can be agreed upon. I am anxious to meet with people who are Prelude owners(even no-prelude owners) and just get something started.

I have had some experience running meets and stuff, seeing as I did it with a Toyota crowd, I will even bring the pics to prove it. So I have had some success! But this has to be a combined effort!!!

Any takers?

e-mail and post me if you want to play an integral part of the meet an dplan on being there! If you just want to attend, please just post! No need to e-mail me!

Also, phone numbers would be great for those e-mailing me, that way we can plan something and see what we got! I know we got some Ludes in Central Texas, so let's start getting together!

later,
Armond
armondphilmon@hotmail.com

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm pretty sure our group has disbanded, although we see each other at autoX's occasionally.

Laura was trying to get the ground back together. Sounds like blues bothers. C'mon! We gotta get the band back together, man! The Band!

I'd be down for doing something in the austin area.

#6 ·
I'd try to come down from Dallas for an Austin Lude meet. :bigthumb: But I've learned that if your guys can't spend 1 nite a month (or more) drinking together, then what the point? :D

#10 ·
I should have a server built-up and online tis weekend. I'd be happy enough to host anything for the ATX crew.

#13 ·
Doug, dont waste your time setting something up, the interest level is so low its not worth it. As far as the atxpreludes club, the people running it at the time wanted something very regimented and requirement-based(modifications and show/track goals required), and the members at the time just wanted to hang out and do stuff together instead of being so tied down. At any rate, those of us in Austin that like to do stuff with our cars or chill just call each other and hang out when we can, we just dont attach a name to it. To be completely honest, the people that you would consider to be "down" as far as a club is concerned in Austin are all in their mid-20's, have full time jobs as well as starting families if they dont already have one, and a car club is just not something they want to commit a ton of time to.

As Doug can attest, if you let us know you are in town and want to get together, one of us can usually get a couple people together for dinner or something, but we aren't really into the whole meet monthly and hang out routine. We meet at an autocross or a track event

#15 ·
I know for a fact Zack and I are going, maybe Brian, I dunno about Phil, we will definetely have a convoy heading from Austin, and I think we will be meeting the Houston, LA and Dallas peoples in Dallas. Are you definetley comin Ting? You know of anyone else in town makin the trip?

#16 ·
alvanderp said:
At any rate, those of us in Austin that like to do stuff with our cars or chill just call each other and hang out when we can, we just dont attach a name to it. To be completely honest, the people that you would consider to be "down" as far as a club is concerned in Austin are all in their mid-20's, have full time jobs as well as starting families if they dont already have one, and a car club is just not something they want to commit a ton of time to.
:werd: I just wanted some way to track you ***kers down. Laugh:

alvanderp said:
As Doug can attest, if you let us know you are in town and want to get together, one of us can usually get a couple people together for dinner or something, but we aren't really into the whole meet monthly and hang out routine. We meet at an autocross or a track event
Yeah NTPOG is going through yet another generation of guys that want to meet-up and stuff. :shrugs: I help out as long as I'm needed.

oh, and speaking of.. I'm still planning on being in SA Feb. 6th if anyone wants to meet up.

Cell# 214-457-2775

#18 ·
bleh... funny how quickly things can change in 1 nite. I might not be going down there now. Drew, I'll call you when I figure this out.

#19 ·
alvanderp said:
I know for a fact Zack and I are going, maybe Brian, I dunno about Phil, we will definetely have a convoy heading from Austin, and I think we will be meeting the Houston, LA and Dallas peoples in Dallas. Are you definetley comin Ting? You know of anyone else in town makin the trip?
Yeah I should be going, I don't plan on doing any of the events though I just want to meet other PO'ers and have a good time.

Gotta make room reservations as well though. Anybody have any suggestions or want to room up?

#20 ·
Just call and book your hotel. Then sign on to the nationpreludemeet page and register as a spectator.

As for "Austin Prelude people": we all just got tired of trying to be a group. Most of us have little free time and one more organization wasn't in the cards. Most of us autocross a bunch and we have our own lil driver's championship.

#22 ·
Hey all, original poster here. I am sorry for not responding to my own thread, I didn't get any e-mail notification that there were replies to it. I usually get e-mails.

Anyway, my interest in getting a meet together is not based on trying to organize a group. That comes along after getting to know people. I just want some people who have the same interest as I do to get together in a casual meet of some sort.

Someone said before, we all have our priorities, and I can see how something like this will not be top. But it can be something that can be worked into schedules and can be accomplished. My biggest issue is, I do not live in ATX, so I am not so familiar with it. I was hoping to get an Austinite to help me with that part.

So is there still some interest? Like I said, this is not something that will me regimented or require anything, except your word on coming if you say you are.

Later

#23 ·
yeah, i understand where you guys are all coming from. i don't have a great amount of time for NTPOG these days.

Drew, yeah... its SB Sunday, but I'm working anyway.. :mad:

Ting: I'm going just as a spectator. I figure I'll record the afternoon with a beer in my hand! :bigthumb: Wouldn't mind having more people to chill with saturday.

Oh, and I should be back down in ATX this spring. Probably around mid march. But I'll start another thread for you guys before then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.