Honda Prelude Online banner

How good are Tokico Blue Shocks?

21K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  nextgenholmes 
#1 ·
i wana get those. how good are they compared to KYB or Koni. i know that there is a big price difference

#3 ·
I have tokicos, and I really like them. I have progress sport springs with them, and the ride is very comfortable and improved handling for a daily driver. I suggest the koni's if you have the $$$. If your serious about autox with them the tokico's might feel a little soft for those type of applications. I would say they are an all around performer. If I could change one thing about my suspension setup it would be racing springs, but I'm not sure if I want to scrape my kit everywhere I go. Hope that helps...

#4 ·
If you aren't lowering a whole lot they will work but otherwise its worth the extra money to get KYB's or Konis. They are damped only a little higher than stock so you won't notice a huge performance gain and if you're too low, they'll soften up and end up riding like stock.

#8 ·
I have them,
they are bouncy at times but
as a daily driver it is sweet.

still gives you the opportunity
to be aggressive, with the right
springs, but it won't give you
that "crap I should have bought
softer shocks" feeling.

it's mainly good for daily driving
with weekend racing in mind...:cool:

#9 ·
I had the tokico blues on both of my old cars and I was very pleased with them for the $. Yeah the Koni's are probably a little better, but you get what you pay for. Currently I have the Illuminas on my 5th gen and they seem to be working out nicely.:bigthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.