Honda Prelude Online banner

Video: WRX, 944 Turbo, Prelude SH

4K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  PsYkOtiCs 
#1 ·
WRX: exhaust, boost controller, bov, timer, etc (no passenger)

Porsche 944 Turbo: exhaust, chip, etc, owner claims to push 300hp (1 passenger)

My Prelude SH: Basic boltons, and dry 60 shot of nitrous. (1 passenger)

Thanks to Dan for taping, and Ben for the fast and wonderful hosting.

All three races had the same results after the 1/4.
I only got the first two on the video. This is also my first night out with nitrous so i'm still learning how to launch with it.

Race 1
http://www.nebby.net/~chrisx16/WRX-944_Turbo-Prelude_SH-Race1.wmv
Race 2
http://www.nebby.net/~chrisx16/WRX-944_Turbo-Prelude_SH-Race2.wmv

#4 ·
man good race bro !! sheezzz You can defiently see the AWD advantge there... Next time race from a Rolling start i wanna see how well the wrx can hang at a rolling start !! Great Vids !!

hmm why not up the shot to 80 ? you are running a dry setup =P

#5 ·
w0rdie said:
Damn, in the second race, did you let off towards the end? :confused: The 944 walked off...

and next time rip it with sound :bigthumb:
In the second race, the 944 just caught up. I didn't let off til he fully caught up and passed me, the 1/4 was already over by then though, if that matters.

and It's ripped with sound though - I hear them ?:confused:

#6 ·
NikoLude said:
What work exactly did that WRX have done? What happened to you in the second vid? BUMP?
I think the only notable mods are the boost controller, probably upped it to around 17? and an exhaust....this was last time i rode in it which was a year ago, not sure if he had any other new go fast mods put in it recently.

And regarding to dan asking me what i hit, I dont know what he was smoking, i didn't hit anything, there was a little dip in the road, which i guess made it feel weird?

#7 ·
1PreLude2NV said:
man good race bro !! sheezzz You can defiently see the AWD advantge there... Next time race from a Rolling start i wanna see how well the wrx can hang at a rolling start !! Great Vids !!

hmm why not up the shot to 80 ? you are running a dry setup =P
The porsche would smoke me from a rolling start, I'd probably keep up with the WRX better from a roll though.

I am going to get an ignition with a retard control and try going 70 shot.

#8 ·
oh yeah, and in the first video, dan said "he kicked your ass" because the wrx was so far ahead when he turned the video around, but he didn't realize i was braking hard way before he turned around because I had to race in the center divider and needed to slow down. Oh well, whatever I guess - I thought I kept up pretty well with the wrx in the first video, got spanked in the second one though. :(

#12 ·
the 944 has good power, it has the potential to beat the wrx and waste me, but the driver was driving his friend's car with the friend sittin gnext to him. The first race, the owner wouldn't let him launch, but the disappointing results lead to the second race where he "tried" launching. It was a bad launch, but it pulled on me pretty good. It pulls nicely once it's rolling.

#18 ·
po0p said:

I think the only notable mods are the boost controller, probably upped it to around 17? and an exhaust....this was last time i rode in it which was a year ago, not sure if he had any other new go fast mods put in it recently.

And regarding to dan asking me what i hit, I dont know what he was smoking, i didn't hit anything, there was a little dip in the road, which i guess made it feel weird?
17 is the most a stock turbo can handle... that's really pushing it. I would recommend a 15 or 16 from what he has.

#20 ·
i haven't mentioned this but in those races, my car had a noticeable cut in power after 6000-6500 rpms.

I think it has to do with something with running rich, combined with a bottle pressure under 800psi. I just got some 100 octane gas and will be going to the track today and trying out both the 50 and 60 shot to see what difference they make. I think i could have done better in those races :(

#22 ·
masamune said:
ya the WRX driver really beats on his clutch when he launches, he drops it at like 6000.... u can smell burned clutch like a mile away.
Unless his clutch is already worn to high hell, you would not smell a thing from dropping the clutch at redline, except for tires. Slipping is where the burning smell comes into play...

#25 ·
pearlude said:

Unless his clutch is already worn to high hell, you would not smell a thing from dropping the clutch at redline, except for tires. Slipping is where the burning smell comes into play...
yeah he doesn't drop it, that'll be too much for the differentials.
He slips it, and does it quite well....but is it worth the abuse on the clutch? I guess it is to him :nono:

#26 ·
Sweet vids man, gotta get that nitrous tuned out though, I would love to see you waste that WRX. If you wanna take away some of his AWD advantage, buy some drag radials, you would be able to launch at about 5-6k with little to no wheel spin. Feel free to make a few more vids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.